Bachelors of Engineering (Honours) / Mathematics
Boost your engineering prowess with advanced skills in mathematics, and prepare the groundwork for a research higher degree.
This dual program will provide you with the skills to apply advanced mathematics to engineering fields, as well as the core background to enter a research-preparation honours degree in mathematics.
Over the course of the five year program, you'll complete the Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) program and supplement your studies with additional courses from the mathematics program.
You'll graduate with exceptional skills, ready for an exciting career as an engineer. Depending on your choice of major, you could work in a range of fields, from infrastructure and hospitals to energy and software. Studying the mathematics program in parallel will boost your engineering prowess and also open pathways to further higher study, such as honours in mathematics.
UQ is home to the largest number of engineering study options in Queensland. The program is split into six main disciplines and a total on 18 speciality majors. The main streams of the engineering program are chemical, civil, electrical, mechanical, mechatronic and computer engineering.
You'll graduate with two respected qualifications and advanced knowledge and skills that will set you apart in a competitive job market.
- Join the university ranked number one in Queensland for engineering and technology, with the largest range of engineering disciplines of any university in the state.
- Experience a diverse range of engineering disciplines before deciding on a specialisation, with the option to choose your program path in your first year or wait until your second year.
- Gain a second qualification in mathematics through this five year dual program, enhancing your engineering skills and opening pathways to a research higher degree
Tailor your studies to suit your goals. This program offers these options:
- Chemical and Biological Engineering (Dual Major)
- Chemical and Environmental Engineering (Dual Major)
- Chemical and Materials Engineering (Dual Major)
- Chemical and Metallurgical Engineering (Dual Major)
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering (Dual Major)
- Civil and Geotechnical Engineering (Dual Major)
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical and Biomedical Engineering (Dual Major)
- Electrical and Computer Engineering (Dual Major)
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (Dual Major)
- Mechanical and Materials Engineering (Dual Major)
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronic Engineering (Extended Major)
- Mining and Geotechnical Engineering (Dual Major)
- Mining Engineering
- Software Engineering
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Bachelor's
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All international applicants need to have successfully completed Queensland Year 12 (or an equivalent qualification) and meet the minimum entry score for this program.
Queensland Year 12 or equivalent English, Mathematics B; plus two of Agricultural Science, Biology, Chemistry, Earth and Environmental Science, Mathematics C or Physics, at least one of which must be Chemistry or Physics.
View the Prerequisites guide for more information about subject equivalents for interstate high schools, overseas high schools, university subjects and pathways and bridging programs.
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 088353C
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 05 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- BACHELORS OF Engineering (Honours) / Design at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Design at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) - Mechatronic Engineering at The University of Queensland
- BACHELOR OF Engineering (Honours) Civil Engineering at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Software Engineering at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Information Technology / Science at The University of Queensland