Graduate Diploma in Nursing Science
Advance your nursing career
Nurses are highly respected members of the community. They care for patients in a range of settings and touch lives with empathy, compassion and humour.
Our Graduate Diploma in Nursing Science is a highly flexible online degree. It’s well suited to registered rural or remote nurses, and those not yet working in a specialty. The degree is structured to include face-to-face sessions in order to meet requirements for international students.
What will you do?
You’ll consolidate and build on essential knowledge as you:
- gain insight into different nursing specialisations and career opportunities
- benefit from strong links to industry and expert teaching
- explore professional issues such as accountability, ethics, advocacy, leadership, cultural competence and evidence-based practice
- pursue electives according to your interests and career goals
- develop research skills for further study options.
Where could it take you?
You’ll graduate prepared for advanced nursing roles. You might become a clinical practice nurse. You could be a hospital team leader. Perhaps you’ll take on a senior position within a community practice.
The campus provides a mix of the historical and contemporary, combining old sandstone buildings with state-of-the-art teaching, learning and research facilities.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
There are three key steps you will need to take when addressing the selection criteria in any University of Adelaide job application:
- Create a new document. Your statement addressing the position’s specified selection criteria should be separate from your cover letter and resume.
- List each criterion separately. Give each a title, using exactly the same wording as appears on the Position Description (e.g. Excellent verbal communication skills).
- Address each criterion. Under each heading, write two short paragraphs explaining how your experience, skills, education and training equip you to meet that specific requirement. Dot points are also acceptable.
Please note that failing to submit a statement addressing the selection criteria could result in your application not being considered.
Some helpful writing tips
There are a number of steps you can take when putting together your responses to increase their clarity and impact.
- Give details of one or two specific things you’ve done that are good examples of the relevant experience or knowledge required. For example: ‘I was responsible for organising an event attended by… This involved…'
- Preface these examples with a short overview that shows you appreciate the relevance of the specific criterion.
- Quantify your experience (number of years worked, staff supervised, etc.). For example: ‘I delivered a presentation to an industry forum with an audience of 80 people.’
- Where possible, indicate how successfully you meet the criterion. You could do this by referring to feedback from others, or things you've set up that are still being used. For example: ‘A report I wrote about… was endorsed by the… Committee and circulated to all stakeholders for discussion.
You could also consider using the STAR method as a structural framework when describing examples of your work. This involves describing, in the order listed here, the:
- situation you faced
- task required, and desired outcome
- action you took to complete the task
- results you achieved, and lessons you learned.
Graduates are prepared for careers in a variety of settings from clinical to community, rural, acute care and other non-clinical areas.
The objective of this program is to produce graduates with specific attributes as outlined in University of Adelaide Graduate Attributes.
Deep discipline knowledge
Critical thinking and problem solving
Teamwork and communication skills
Career and leadership readiness
Intercultural and ethical competency
Self-awareness and emotional intelligence
Clinical Nurse Consultant, Nurse, Nurse Educator, Nurse Manager
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Entry to postgraduate coursework programs as a minimum requires a Bachelors degree or equivalent qualification from an approved institution as a qualification for entry.
Some of the graduate certificates and graduate diplomas that are offered may be accepted as qualifying work for entry to a Masters program, or as professional qualifications in their own right.
- Course Code: 022511F
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Graduate Diploma in Science (Ecotourism) at The University of Adelaide
- Graduate Diploma in Science at The University of Adelaide
- Graduate Diploma in Bioinformatics at The University of Adelaide
- Graduate Certificate in Science at The University of Adelaide
- Graduate Diploma in Forensic Odontology at The University of Adelaide
- Graduate Diploma in Viticulture and Oenology at The University of Adelaide