Master of Engineering
The Master of Engineering is designed to develop your expertise through advanced courses and specialised electives. The program is a pathway to becoming an accredited engineer and has been submitted for accreditation to Engineers Australia.
The world is changing fast. Rather than fighting change, at UQ we believe it’s something to embrace.
Postgraduate engineering studies will prepare you for more senior, leadership roles so you can boldly ask questions in new and challenging ways.
This three year program is designed to develop your expertise through advanced courses and specialised electives. It's a pathway to becoming an accredited engineer and has been submitted for accreditation by Engineers Australia.
Discipline focussed courses coupled with practical research or industry based projects will give you the confidence and capability to solve complex engineering challenges in a changing world.
Here, you’ll study alongside peers who share your passion for solving human problems such as climate change, overpopulation, network security and more.
Prepare for senior leadership roles
The 21st century engineer is someone with a truly global outlook who addresses increasingly complex and interdisciplinary challenges. UQ’s Master of Engineering has been designed to include business and innovation courses so graduating students are better prepared to take on more senior leadership roles.
- Undertake supervised projects relevant to your engineering field. You'll learn from UQ and guest academics, industry representatives, and business leaders about how to implement innovative design solutions in the real world.
- Specialise in bioengineering, chemical engineering, civil engineering, electrical engineering, materials and manufacturing engineering, mechanical engineering, petroleum engineering, renewable energy, software engineering or urban water engineering.
- Benefit from a program that includes a balance of business courses. You'll develop your ability to understand, manage and deliver complex professional projects within your chosen engineering discipline.
Fields of study
Tailor your studies to suit your goals. This program offers these options:
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Renewable Energy Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Urban Water Engineering
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Postgraduate study can take you anywhere. Depending on which field you choose, here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Biomedical engineer
- Chemical engineer
- Software engineer
- Civil engineer
- Environmental engineer
- Geotechnical engineer
- Electrical engineer
- Petroleum engineer
- Aerospace engineer
- Renewable energy manager
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Postgraduate.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Degree equivalent to an Australian bachelor degree in Engineering (in the relevant field of study for which they wish to enrol) with a GPA of at least 5.0 on a 7 point scale.
- Course Code: 099431C
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Master of Engineering in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering at The University of Queensland
- Master of Molecular Imaging Technology (MMIT) at The University of Queensland
- Master of Interaction Design (MIDes) at The University of Queensland
- Master of Information Technology (MInfTech) at The University of Queensland
- Master of Engineering Science (Management) (MEngSc(Man)) at The University of Queensland
- Master of Engineering Science (MEngSc) at The University of Queensland