Language Plus Courses with Additional Activities
London School of Languages and Cultures designed the courses that are based on English in connection with different professions: Linguistics, Law, Drama, Science, Art, etc. The courses are aimed at making it easier for students to enter their chosen professions with the use of the modern world language - English.
1. Professional courses:
- P1. Language (English) plus Linguistics (An Introduction to Language families. Comparative analyses of different languages.)
- P2. Language (English) and Literature
- P3. Language (English) and History
- P4. Language (English) and Science
- P5. Language (English) and Thought
- P6. Shakespeare’s language
- P7. Language and Society
- P8. The English Language and Communication
The course will enable students to explore the field of Applied Linguistics and understand how language works as a complex system, and why English has become the global language of communication. It aims at showing the ways in which the language and other forms of communication, are structured and used for different purposes in a range of local, national and global contexts.
UK is the ideal place in which to study English Language and Communication, with its vibrant literary community, and cultural and literary events taking place throughout the year. You will also be able to a diverse city, with students and residents from a wide range of backgrounds.
Each programme consists of English lessons (12 hours per week) and its connections with literature, history, science, thought, society, etc. (8 hours).
- P.9 The English Language and Law
The English Language and Law is suitable for upper-intermediate to advanced students and it is based on the extensive use of a wide variety of legal vocabulary and style. Themes include corporate and commercial law, liability, contract law and intellectual property. The course introduces general legal vocabulary related to legal systems, the legal professions and the skills lawyers need in their daily working lives.
2. Language plus computing:
This course can be a stepping-stone towards your future professional career as both English and the quality use of computers ensure your success. You will be taught how to get ready your presentation, build your database, or how to use other achievements of the long-standing history of human and computer relations. Combined with bettering your English, the course is suitable for people from a wide range of backgrounds particularly mature students, as well as people looking for their own further achievements.
3. Language plus contract writing and translation
- Sep Deadline: Aug
Application Processing Time in Days: 31
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Short Courses and Summer Schools
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Teacher-Training Course & Professional Development Courses at London School of Languages & Cultures
- Courses for Children at London School of Languages & Cultures
- One-to-One Language Courses at London School of Languages & Cultures
- Language Courses Tailored for Specific Purposes at London School of Languages & Cultures
- Exam Preparation Courses at London School of Languages & Cultures
- Language for Work at London School of Languages & Cultures