Master of Wine Science
Embedding practical winemaking skills within theoretical coursework, the MWineSci will provide opportunities for students to perform research ranging from topics that directly benefit the New Zealand wine industry to fundamental studies of fermentation chemistry and biology.
This 180-point postgraduate programme will be completed in three semesters, with the first year of study taking place at the Goldwater Wine Science Centre on Waiheke Island. Research projects in the third semester may be undertaken in collaboration with a wine company, at the Goldwater Wine Science Centre or at the City Campus.
The City Campus is right in the heart of Auckland. You are within walking distance of all the main cultural, entertainment and commercial hubs.
Goldie Estate – Wine Science Centre
Located on Waiheke Island, Goldie vineyard is also the home of the Goldwater Wine Science Centre.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Graduates of the MWineSci will have specialist knowledge and skills in viticulture, winemaking, wine chemistry and microbiology, sensory evaluation, and wine business.
Jobs related to this programme
- Assistant Winemaker
- Cellar Hand
- Cellar Supervisor
- Laboratory Technician
- Vineyard Manager
- Vineyard Operator
- Viticultural Technician
You can apply for a Post-study Work Visa for up to 3 years.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum program requirements
- Normally this requires a completed bachelor honors degree or postgraduate diploma from New Zealand, or an acceptable equivalent postgraduate qualification from a recognized university (or similar) overseas.
- An undergraduate degree
- GPE 4.0
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: 100 NZD
- Master of Science (MSc) Pharmacology at University of Auckland
- Master of Organisational Psychology at University of Auckland
- Master of Nursing Science at University of Auckland
- Master of Marine Conservation at University of Auckland
- Master of Speech Language Therapy Practice at University of Auckland
- Master of Public Health at University of Auckland