History of Art, Theory and Display MSc
This programme offers you a number of ways in which to explore the history and theory of art and its display in exhibitions and museums. It is perfect for providing you with a comprehensive overview.
You will examine art in its historical contexts, the theoretical frameworks of interpretation and their relationship as physical objects to practices and concepts of display. You have the opportunity to put your learning into practice through an optional internship within one of Edinburgh’s many museums or galleries.
Equally spread over the pre- and post-1800 periods, the programme content will allow you to develop an excellent knowledge of the discipline of art history, advanced research abilities and valuable vocational experience.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The wide-ranging nature of this programme will equip you for further, more specialised study, and potentially a future academic career.
The vocational element of your learning is the ideal stepping-stone to a career in the gallery and museum sector.
You will also have gained an array of highly transferable skills, such as communication, curatorial practice and project management, which will prove an asset in any career.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Normally a UK 2:1 honours degree or its international equivalent.
Postgraduate entry requirements for students from India.
In order to qualify for entry to master’s study at the University of Edinburgh, you must have a good degree from a highly ranked university in India.
- Entry requirements will vary, depending on the intended programme of study. However, the minimum score you should have achieved is 60% or more in your Bachelor's study.
- We may also accept equivalent qualifications or work experience.
- Applicants who meet this minimum may be considered for entry and will be measured competitively against other applicants. For many of our programmes, competition is high and in the majority of cases, a very high First Class degree will be required. Certain programmes will also have specific requirements in terms of both the overall degree result and strengths in particular subjects which are seen as relevant to that degree.
Graduate entry to Medicine (MBChB)
Applicants with an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline will be considered for the 6 year programme.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- World Christianity MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- World Christianity MTh at The University of Edinburgh
- World Christianity MPhil at The University of Edinburgh
- Urban Strategies and Design MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Theology in History MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Theology in History MTh at The University of Edinburgh