Bachelor of Zoology
Zoology is the science of studying and understanding animals living on land, in freshwater, or in the sea. It is the branch of biology that covers behavior, classification, evolution, conservation, distribution, ecology and natural history, but also includes biochemistry and physiology, paleontology, molecular biology and genetics, and the structure and function of animals.
Zoology students are able to undertake studies in a range of zoological disciplines including animal behavior; animal ecology; environmental and comparative physiology; entomology; parasitology and freshwater ecology.
Living in Armidale you will experience the best of both city and rural living. Enjoy a healthy and active lifestyle with access to shopping, gourmet food, top sporting facilities and cultural delights all for a fraction of the price you'd expect to pay in a major city. You can live in the heart of Armidale or experience the tranquility of New England on a rural property.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Zoologists are employed by research institutions, CSIRO, local state and federal government agencies, museums, national parks, marine parks, zoological gardens, Antarctic research stations, and as teachers in primary and secondary school among others. Zoologists also are also employed in media organisations (radio, television, social media and print), consultancy firms, aquaculture and biotechnology and animal breeding businesses.
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an additional 2 years in Australia on a post-study work visa (Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 4 years of PSW visa)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Assumed knowledge is any two units of English, Chemistry, Mathematics.
For direct admission into undergraduate courses offered by UNE, you must have completed an educational qualification considered to be at least equivalent to completion of Year 12 in Australia.
- Applicants holding relevant Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) Year 12 examination results
- Applicants holding relevant Indian State Board of Education Board Year 12 examination results, other than PSEB and HSEB
- Applicants holding relevant Punjab State Education Board (PSEB) and Haryana State Education Board (HSEB) Year 12 Examination
- Applications holding relevant National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) year 12 examination results
- Applicants holding a relevant Indian post-Year 10, Year 12 equivalent 3-Year VET level Diploma results in a relevant stream
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 60% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant stream, including English if necessary (but not a local language), with an overall First Division (60%+).
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 65% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant start, including English if necessary (but not a local language), with an overall First Division (60%+)
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 70% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant stream, including English if necessary (but not local language), with an overall First Division (60%+)
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 70% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant stream, including English if necessary (but not a local language), with an overall First Division (60%+),
- Must have achieved an overall minimum average of 60% or First Division results
Practical, Clinical or Work Experience
WORK300 can be included as a unit if the student is able to line up an appropriate workplace (e.g. UNE Natural History Museum, Australian Museum, CSIRO, Birdlife Australia, Taronga Zoo) and a program that does not conflict with their studies.
- Course Code: 069341J
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Nursing at University of New England
- Bachelor of Sustainability at University of New England
- Bachelor of Scientific Studies at University of New England
- Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Laws at University of New England
- Bachelor of Science with Honours at University of New England
- Bachelor of Science at University of New England