Master of Science - Health Information Management
Information technology pervades every aspect of healthcare delivery today, providing access to rich and voluminous data. Those who can analyze and understand how data can best be used to improve healthcare outcomes are in high demand. The UMass Lowell Master of Science in Health Informatics and Management program ranked the 16th best online master’s degree in this field in the country,* helps students advance their careers and, if they wish to, enter technical fields within the health care industry.
UMass Lowell is located in historic mill city of Lowell, Mass., 45-minutes north of Boston, at the intersections of Routes 495, 93 and 3. The birthplace of Jack Kerouac and the Industrial Revolution, Lowell's history echoes all around you. Former mill buildings and cobblestone streets now add charm to a bustling downtown, steps away from the UMass Lowell campus, which boasts a thriving arts scene, a population rich in cultural diversity, and a flair for festivals.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the employment of medical and health services managers is predicted to grow much faster than average through 2022. According to Payscale.com, the average salary of a health informatics specialist is $61,517.
3 Years of PSW
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants who earned their degree outside of the U.S. must have their transcript evaluated by a credentialing service such as WES or CED.
- English proficiency testing
- TOEFL minimum 79
- IELTS minimum 6.5
- Please note, F1 student visas are not issued for this program since it is offered exclusively online.
Statement of Purpose
In a separate document, submit a brief statement indicating your immediate and long-range goals, relevant work history, academic honors/awards received, any teaching experience and/or research conducted/published that may be pertinent to your graduate program. Two pages recommended maximum.
Letters of Recommendation
You are required to submit three (3) letters of recommendation. You will be asked to provide (names and email addresses) referees during the application process and an automated request will be sent out after the completion of your application.
Provide a complete and official transcript from the institution that awarded or will award you a bachelor’s degree. You may also include transcripts from other institutions at which you have taken relevant coursework. Please note that waiting for additional transcripts may delay review of your application.
- Course Type: Online
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 USD
Application Fee: 50 USD
- Master in Computer Science Entrepreneurship at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Master of Public Administration at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Master of Business Administration - Marketing at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Master of Business Administration - International Business at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Master of Business Administration - Finance at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Master of Science in Finance at University of Massachusetts Lowell