Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) with a Specialisation in Mechanical Engineering
Mechanical engineers are central to the production of almost every item we use. They analyse, conceptualise, design and manufacture items from the very small – such as micromachines – to the very large – such as aircraft.
This degree will equip you with the skills you’ll require to design mechanical systems by providing you with a strong foundation in basic sciences; statics; dynamics; and the mechanics of solids, thermofluids and materials; as well as advanced knowledge in manufacturing, novel materials and microscale devices. You’ll learn to proficiently identify, select and apply mechanical engineering theory and analysis, modelling and simulation, and measurement knowledge to address complex problems with interdisciplinary components. You’ll develop knowledge to design, implement, test and deploy systems where mechanical engineering forms the whole or part of the solution. And you’ll learn to apply fundamental concepts and theory to the design, operation and maintenance of mechanical components.
- Engineering at Macquarie is built around a project-based professional development spine, which allows you to gain practical, hands-on experience and collaborate on projects with your fellow students.
- In addition to developing your knowledge and skills in core mechanical engineering concepts, you’ll have the opportunity to choose additional electives to boost your career prospects.
- You’ll have access to our new cutting-edge engineering facilities, including collaborative learning spaces, a dedicated full-pitch FIRST® robotics field and our state-of-the-art wind tunnel.
- You’ll have opportunities to learn from and work with academics in a variety of groundbreaking areas, from life sciences to nanofabrication.
- From your second year, you’ll have the opportunity to use our award-winning PACE (Professional and Community Engagement) program to complete an internship or work placement with one of our industry partners or with one of our research groups in Materials Engineering, Biomedical Microdevices and Sustainable Energy Systems.
- You’ll have opportunities to get involved in a range of student-led projects, including working with our MQ Speed team and CubeSat group, or participating in FIRST® robotics mentoring.
- Macquarie has close links with public and private sector organisations, such as BAE Systems, Cochlear, Optus and Honeywell, leading to internships and graduate opportunities.
- Your learning experience will be enhanced by our location in Australia’s largest high-tech precinct, which is brimming with collaborative, internship and employment opportunities.
- This degree is provisionally accredited by Engineers Australia.
- Macquarie is ranked number one in Sydney for overall graduate employment in engineering (QILT, 2017).
OTHER SPECIALISATIONS AVAILABLE
Choose from the following options:
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Mechatronic Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Career Opportunities
Sydney New South Wales 2109 Australia
- Feb Deadline: Dec
- July Deadline: May
Application Processing Time in Days: 7
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
A Macquarie course can set your dream career in motion.
- Mechanical engineer
- Aerospace engineer
- Automotive engineer
- CAD technician
- Control and instrumentation engineer
- Designer and manufacturer
- Nuclear engineer
- Project manager
- Research and design manager
- Banking and finance companies
- Construction companies
- Energy companies
- Engineering firms
- Government agencies
- Infrastructure companies
- Research and development companies
- Transport companies
After completion of Bachelor's degree student is eligible for 2 years PSW.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
For international students, Macquarie uses a selection rank to determine the minimum eligibility requirement for each undergraduate course. This rank has been converted into equivalent scores for various recognised international high school qualifications and university entrance examinations, including global qualifications like the International Baccalaureate (IB) and GCE A-Levels.
HSC Mathematics (Band 4) or equivalent. If you don't have the assumed knowledge, you're advised to undertake a bridging course in mathematics, which is offered in February.
RECOMMENDED STUDIES: HSC Physics plus HSC Mathematics Extension 1 or HSC Mathematics Extension 2 or equivalent.
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 087876F
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Archaeology with a Specialisation in Landscape Processes for Archaeologists at Macquarie University (MQU)
- Bachelor of Game Design and Development at Macquarie University (MQU)
- Bachelor of Cyber Security at Macquarie University (MQU)
- Bachelor of Advanced Information Technology at Macquarie University (MQU)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) with a Specialisation in Software Engineering at Macquarie University (MQU)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) with a Specialisation in Mechatronic Engineering at Macquarie University (MQU)