Banking and Finance (MSc)
The Masters in Banking and Finance (MSc) provides students with the skills and knowledge needed for specialist roles in banking and wider financial services sector, as well as the exposure to contemporary global issues and research in banking and finance.
The MSc Banking and Finance programme is accredited by the Chartered Banker Institute. Students who successfully complete this programme will achieve Chartered Banker Status.
The University of St Andrews is situated in the small town of St Andrews in rural Fife, Scotland. The university has teaching facilities, libraries, student housing and other buildings spread throughout the town. Generally, university departments and buildings are concentrated on North Street, South Street, The Scores, and the North Haugh.
Application Processing Time in Days: 14
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Alumni from the Banking and Finance program and more generally from other Masters programs in the School of Management have secured employment in the fields of management consultancy, accountancy, investment analysis, investment banking, commercial banking, fund administration, and other aspects of the financial services industry.
Graduates from the Masters in Banking and Finance have taken up roles in a wide variety of organizations in the public and private sector including:
- Blackrock Global Investment Management
- Credit Suisse Group
- Deutsche Bank
- Nomura Bank
- Royal Bank of Scotland
- Procter and Gamble.
- 2 Years Post Study Work Visa
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
A good 2.1 undergraduate Honours degree in a closely related discipline such as finance, accounting, and economics from the UK or the equivalent international qualification. Applicants with business experience are welcome, and the University may take work experience into account when evaluating applications.
Postgraduate candidates will be expected to hold a good second division (2.1) or first division UK Bachelor's degree with Honours, or the overseas equivalent, in a relevant subject, or a relevant postgraduate qualification.
Typical Indian degree equivalents with first-class grades of 60% to 80% (minimum) or 7.0-9.0 CGPA, depending on the institution attended, include:
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com/BComm/B.Comm.) or Bachelor of Commerce and Administration (BCA) awarded from a recognized Higher Education, Professional or Specialist institution.
- Bachelor of Engineering/Technology, when awarded from an institute of national importance, the center of advanced study, an Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), or the Indian Institute of Science in Bangalore.
- Bachelor of Science Engineering/Engineering/Technology, when awarded from a central university, a recognized state university, or a regional Engineering college.
- Indian Institute of Engineers examinations A and B.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: 75 GBP