We offer three MSc programmes that provide you with a high-quality and thorough training in economics and econometrics.
The programmes are research-oriented and are highly challenging, making heavy use of analytical theory, mathematics and statistics.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our graduates have found employment in a wide variety of private and public organizations in the UK and abroad including:
- financial services
- Civil Service
- UK Government Economic Service
- Department for International Development
- economists with overseas development agencies and international institutions
- research economists with journals and media agencies
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
A strong UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in economics or mathematics related subjects. We look for high grades from your undergraduate studies covering calculus and integration, probability theory and linear algebra.
Some applicants may receive an offer that is conditional on successful completion of our SGPE Summer School.
You can apply without having a graduate admissions exam result (GRE or GMAT). Your application, however, may be substantially stronger if you do include such a result. We generally look for a quantitative reasoning result in the 80th percentile or higher. We do not formally consider results from the Verbal and Analytical sections in our assessment of your application.
Postgraduate entry requirements for students from India.
In order to qualify for entry to master’s study at the University of Edinburgh, you must have a good degree from a highly ranked university in India.
- Entry requirements will vary, depending on the intended programme of study. However, the minimum score you should have achieved is 60% or more in your Bachelor's study.
- We may also accept equivalent qualifications or work experience.
- Applicants who meet this minimum may be considered for entry and will be measured competitively against other applicants. For many of our programmes, competition is high and in the majority of cases, a very high First Class degree will be required. Certain programmes will also have specific requirements in terms of both the overall degree result and strengths in particular subjects which are seen as relevant to that degree.
Graduate entry to Medicine (MBChB)
Applicants with an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline will be considered for the 6 year programme.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- MA Accounting and Finance at The University of Edinburgh
- MBA at The University of Edinburgh
- Finance, Technology and Policy MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Finance MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Sport Policy, Management and International Development MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Marketing and Business Analysis MSc at The University of Edinburgh