Bachelor of Biomedical Science
The biomedical sciences help us understand the disease, how it occurs, what happens, and how we can control, cure, and prevent it. Breakthroughs in biomedical science improve the quality of people's health and lives.
This course is your invitation to join one of the largest and most successful medical research hubs in Australia and the world.
Our multidisciplinary approach to teaching, presence in major hospitals, and international links will give you access to an exciting world of possibilities and prepare you to graduate ready to make a difference in people's lives worldwide.
Very high achieving students can apply for access to our Scholars Program, which provides a range of extracurricular opportunities to engage with research staff and the advanced technical facilities used for research.
Your training in biomedical science will be comprehensive and challenging for the duration of your studies, and you'll learn from leading teacher-researchers.
First-year units covering biomedical chemistry, medical biophysics, human neurobiology, and other key areas will set the foundations of your professional development, which will be enriched by second- and third-year units in areas such as human genetics, bioinformatics, and molecular mechanisms of disease. In this interdisciplinary course, you will learn about the science of body systems and the design and use of biomedical data. You will gain the skills you need to understand and investigate human biology and make a difference to human health in a wide variety of career paths.
As a graduate, you may find work in the hospital and medical sector, including medical diagnostic laboratories; secondary and tertiary teaching; media and communications; and the government sector in such areas as health promotion and health economics.
Clayton campus has around 26,000 students and is the largest of all eight campuses. It is located 20km south-east of Melbourne.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Monash Arts Jobs and Careers
Monash Arts prepares our students for their professional futures and the impact they create in their organisations and communities.
There are over 81,240 Monash Arts alumni across 130 countries. Our global community includes The Hon. Daniel Andrews MP, The Hon. Dan Tehan MP, Adam Bandt MP, Bill Shorten MP, Sarah Abo, Yalda Hakim, Vance Joy, Professor Sharman Stone, Professor Emeritus Ariel Heryanto, H.E. Mr Arthur Spyrou, H.E. Mr Saleumxay Kommasith and thousands of influential graduates impacting communities, nations and the world for good.
We work as ...
Monash Arts graduates work as: Authors, Ambassadors, Analysts, Artists, Consultants, Creative Directors, Communication Specialists, Criminologists, Digital Consultants, Diplomats, Educators, Entrepreneurs, Executives, IT Specialists, Journalists, Media Presenters, Musicians, Linguists, Lawyers, Marketers, Media and Communication Specialists, Politicians, Policymakers, and a wide range of occupations.
With the flexibility of combining our Arts degree with Business, Engineering, Education, Science, IT and over 40 majors to choose from, our career opportunities are amplified.
We work in ...
The Arts, Business, Education, Government, IT, Science Law, Education, Not-for- Profit sectors.
Our top 20 employers in Australia include:
- ANZ Ban
- Coles Group
- Deakin University
- Department of Environment, Land, Water
- Department of Health & Human Services
- Department of Education & Training
- Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade
- Department of Justice
- Department Premier & Cabinet
- Ernest & Young
- Herbert Smith
- Latrobe University
- Minter Ellison
- Monash Health
- Monash University
- National Australia Bank
- 2 year Post Study Work Visa Opportunity
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Before you apply to come to Monash on exchange or study abroad, you should check that you meet the following entry requirements. You must:
- have completed at least one full year at your home university
- have achieved a minimum GPA of 3.0 or 60 percent or equivalent
- meet our English language requirements.
- Equivalent Australian Year 12
Recent secondary education
- All applicants must satisfy the following prerequisites or their equivalents.
Australian VCE subjects
- Units 3 & 4: a study score of at least 30 in English (EAL) or 25 in English other than EAL
- Units 3 & 4: a study score of at least 25 in Mathematical Methods (any), Specialist Mathematics or Physics. SCHOLARS: Units 3 & 4: a study score of at least 35 in Mathematical Methods(any), Specialist Mathematics or Physics.
- Units 3 & 4: a study score of at least 25 in Chemistry. SCHOLARS: Units 3 & 4: a study score of at least 35 in Chemistry.
- At least 4 in English SL or 3 in English HL or 5 in English B SL or 4 in English B HL
- At least 4 in SL or 3 in HL Mathematics or Physics, or 3 in HL Further Mathematics. SCHOLARS: At least 6 in SL or 5 in HL Mathematics or Physics, or 5 in HL Further Mathematics.
- At least 4 in Chemistry SL or 3 in Chemistry HL. SCHOLARS: At least 6 in Chemistry SL or 5 in Chemistry HL.
- Course Code: 028805K
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Applied Data Science Advanced (Honours) at Monash University
- Bachelor of Applied Data Science at Monash University
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (Honours) at Monash University
- Bachelor of Radiation Sciences (informatics) at Monash University
- Bachelor of Paramedicine (Honours) at Monash University
- Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Music at Monash University