Master of Engineering
Gain access to our advanced facilities and establish contact with world-class experts. Join us to innovate, improve and push forward the frontiers of knowledge. This research program allows you to choose from a variety of specializations and contribute to your preferred field, allowing the potential to apply your in-depth expertise to further study.
The ME is structured to help you develop a sense of independence and confidence in your ability to think critically and conduct fundamental or applied research. Regardless of your specialization, you will engage with a stimulating mix of theory and analysis, setting you apart in your pursuit of higher-level opportunities.
The City Campus is right in the heart of Auckland. You are within walking distance of all the main cultural, entertainment and commercial hubs.
This is a new five-hectare campus adjacent to the major business area in Newmarket. It will provide the University with a site for expansion over the next 50 years.
Originally established as the School of Medicine, the Grafton Campus (opposite Auckland Hospital on the boundary of Auckland Domain) houses the Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences, including a café, health services, and the Philson Library.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
An engineering masters degree confirms your ability to investigate an important issue with research expertise, work with initiative, make sound judgements, draw conclusions and write a thesis to explain your arguments. These are extremely marketable qualities that can be used to widen your career options and general employability, both immediately after you finish your masters, and later on in your career.
You can apply for a Post-study Work Visa for up to 3 years.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum program requirements
- Normally this requires a completed bachelor honors degree or postgraduate diploma from New Zealand, or an acceptable equivalent postgraduate qualification from a recognized university (or similar) overseas.
- An undergraduate degree
- GPE 5.0
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: 100 NZD
- Master of Robotics and Automation Engineering at University of Auckland
- Master of Architecture (Professional) and Urban Planning (Professional) at University of Auckland
- Master of Aerospace Engineering at University of Auckland
- Master of Marine Studies at University of Auckland
- Master of Information Technology at University of Auckland
- Master of Engineering Studies at University of Auckland