Bachelor of Commerce
Develop your passion and skills about how commerce can solve the problems of the future by studying Deakin’s Bachelor of Commerce. With authentic, practical learning experiences including the ability to research and resolve real commercial and community issues, Deakin’s Bachelor of Commerce is at the forefront of providing you with the skills and experience to navigate your professional future.
Want to study a degree that sets you up for a successful career in finance, accounting, management, or marketing?
Deakin’s Bachelor of Commerce builds a foundation of robust business and personal skills and gives you the freedom to pursue your passions in a range of specialized areas of business.
Graduate with a sought-after skillset built around three pillars relating to the everyday, practical challenges of modern businesses:
- financial understanding
- market knowledge
- personal and professional skills.
Professional development opportunities start from day one. In your first year, you’ll work with the same programs and tools industry professionals use while building core business skills you’ll carry with you through your entire career. From the second year, you get to choose your area of specialization. Tailor the course to your interests and career goals by honing your professional expertise in one of the following majors:
- financial planning
- food and agribusiness
- human resource management
- management information systems
Elective units may provide the opportunity for Work Integrated Learning experiences.
The Melbourne Burwood Campus is Deakin’s largest. A short trip from Melbourne’s central business district, Burwood offers the perfect balance between city lifestyle and suburban comfort. On campus you will find impressive buildings and world-class facilities, a wide range of learning and social spaces, and a relaxed atmosphere. If you enjoy getting outdoors between classes, the Melbourne Burwood Campus also sits alongside parkland, which is great for walking, jogging and cycling.
Deakin's Warrnambool Campus is set on the banks of the picturesque Hopkins River, close to local surf beaches and popular tourist attractions. The 94 hectare site is approximately five kilometres from the centre of Warrnambool CBD, serviced by the Princes Highway and by its own railway station and bus services. Warrnambool has a population of about 34,000 and is roughly 250 kilometres west of Melbourne.
Geelong Waterfront Campus
Located in the heart of Geelong, the Geelong Waterfront Campus has spectacular views of the bay. Used as wool stores in the 19th century, this campus has been renovated to create an impressive, modern space that offers an inspiring study environment. The unique mix of old and new allows for engaging and creative spaces, and its central location means students can visit Geelong’s central business district between classes. In 2019 a new ferry travelling between Melbourne and Geelong was launched. The ferry offers a comfortable and convenient mode of transport. It docks a short walk from the Geelong Waterfront Campus. Train and bus services are also regularly available between Geelong and Melbourne.
Application Processing Time in Days: 5
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Across almost every area of business and government, in Australia and overseas, there are excellent employment opportunities for commerce graduates.
Deakin graduates are in demand because they’re proactive, highly engaged, and trained to have a business mindset. That makes them sought-after across a range of professional roles including:
- financial planner
- human resource manager
- business analytics professional
- social and economic policy developer
- international trade officer
- marketing manager.
- Melbourne Campus - 2 years of Post Study Work Permit
- Geelong/ Warrnambool Campus - 3 years of Post Study Work Permit
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- (standard class XII):- 65%
Entry for applicants with recent secondary education (previous three years) will be based on their performance in the Senior Secondary Certificate of Education with an ATAR of at least 50, and pre-requisite units 3 and 4; a study score of at least 25 in English EAL (English as an additional language) or 20 in English other than EAL.
Entry for applicants with previous Tertiary, VET, life, or work experience will be based on their performance in:
- a Certificate IV in a related discipline OR
- a Diploma in any discipline or 50% completion of a Diploma in a related discipline OR
- successful completion of relevant study, equivalent to at least two Deakin University units, at an accredited higher education institution OR
- other evidence of academic capability judged to be equivalent including a Foundation Program approved by Faculty Board or for relevant work or life experience
When you apply to Deakin, it’s important to attach all requested supporting documentation, otherwise, your application could be delayed or disallowed.
Remember, most documents need to be certified before you upload them, so give yourself plenty of time to get organized.
Examples of certified copies you’ll need to include:
- award certificates
- academic transcripts
- formal identity papers (e.g. your passport).
Documents in languages other than English will need to be translated. If you’re applying for a scholarship, please also check the specific supporting documents for that application.
- Course Code: 001838A
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of International Studies/Bachelor of Commerce at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Arts at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Science at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Property and Real Estate/Bachelor of Commerce at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Business Analytics at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Laws at Deakin University