Bachelor of Nursing Bachelor of Arts in International Studies
The Bachelor of Nursing Bachelor of Arts in International Studies combines preparation for the role of the registered nurse with immersion in another language and culture, enhancing professional education and career options.
The course offers all the benefits of the UTS Bachelor of Nursing, including clinical placements every session, use of state-of-the-art facilities, selection of a clinical elective in the final year and development of an e-portfolio. In addition, students gain specific skills in their chosen language and culture and become more aware of the need for intercultural sensitivities, not only through studying another language and culture, but also by living in another country in the fourth year of the course.
Students are required to complete 240 credit points of study comprising 144 credit points in nursing and 96 credit points in international studies. The Bachelor of Arts in International Studies requires undergraduates to study a region or country major over a minimum of three years.
- Overseas study
- Students spend their fourth year of study at a university overseas.
- Industrial training/professional practice
This course includes extensive clinical practice, which is a compulsory component of the course, commencing in the first session. Students may be required to complete clinical practice during the session break period.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Career options for registered nurses include working in diverse specialty areas such as community health, critical care, intensive care, aged care, mental health, operating theatres and paediatrics. Career progression opportunities include working as a clinical nurse consultant, clinical nurse specialist, nurse educator, nurse manager, nurse practitioner or rural and remote practice nurse. Career options are enhanced by international experience, making students more marketable to prospective employers.
- Bachelor degree (including honours): 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must have completed an Australian Year 12 qualification, Australian Qualifications Framework Diploma, or equivalent Australian or overseas qualification at the required level.
English Language Requirement
Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0;
TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21;
or PTE: 58-64;
or CAE: 176-184.
- Course Code: 026198M
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 05 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology Diploma in Information Technology Professional Practice at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Bachelor of Medicinal Chemistry Bachelor of Creative Intelligence and Innovation - at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Bachelor of Advanced Science Bachelor of Creative Intelligence and Innovation - (C10352) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Bachelor of Nursing Bachelor of Creative Intelligence and Innovation - (C10351) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Bachelor of Forensic Science Bachelor of Laws at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Bachelor of Science Bachelor of Business at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)