Master of History
The Master of History covers three distinct areas: discipline knowledge, a choice of area studies and writing history. The MHist suits students coming to the study of history for the first time as well as those who want to extend their knowledge in particular areas or upgrade their professional qualifications.
The area studies cover both Ancient and Modern History, including Ancient Greece and Rome, the Ancient Near East, Early Modern, and Medieval History, American History, Australian History, Asian History, European History, and Public History. The course progresses from exploring the nature of history as a discipline through to specialized studies of historical periods and problems, and it ends with the opportunity to undertake substantial historical research projects including writing for publication.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
You’ll graduate with knowledge and skills in critical analysis, research, and writing that are transferable across a range of professions. With greater experience and versatility, you will be ready to choose from a range of professional pathways, including:
- historian or history consultant
- history teacher
- journalist/media professional
- marketing and public relations specialist
- policy development professional or consultant
- public or private sector administrator.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
A candidate shall hold:
- (a) an AQF Level 7 Bachelor qualification in a discipline other than History; or
- (b) an AQF Level 7 Bachelor qualification with a major in History or relevant discipline*; or
- (c) an AQF Level 8 Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma, or Bachelor with Honours or AQF Level 9 Masters qualification in History or relevant discipline*.
*Relevant discipline includes:
- Ancient History
- Course Type: Online
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A