Graduate Certificate in Engineering Science
Interested in strengthening your capacity to design, develop, and implement complex systems and engineering projects? This program offers flexibility across a range of engineering disciplines, so you can develop your technical expertise in areas specific to your career aspirations.
The Graduate Certificate in Engineering Science is designed for applicants with a background in engineering.
Your future is in industry, as a professional engineer with deeper technical skills in your engineering field.
- Benefit from a program that offers a flexible study plan. Tailor your studies to suit your interests, your industry, or your career goals.
- Students will develop professional engineering skills and technical expertise in their discipline through advanced and master's level courses. You'll graduate with the skills required to solve complex engineering challenges in a changing world.
- Undertake a supervised research project relevant to your engineering field. You'll be expected to systematically plan and manage all aspects of your project, and to clearly explain your findings and what they contribute to your field.
Fields of study
Tailor your studies to suit your goals. This program offers these options:
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Materials and Manufacturing Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Urban Water Engineering
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Approved degree or equivalent in any discipline; or
Have completed the school's aptitude test in spoken and written Japanese and English to the standard set by the Executive Dean.
Proficiency in spoken and written Japanese and English. See English Language Proficiency requirements.
Candidates must sit and pass the Aptitude Test set by the School of Languages and Cultures before being admitted to the program. A fee may apply for the Aptitude Test. More information about the aptitude test, and test dates can be found on the School of Languages and Cultures website.
IELTS overall 6.5; reading 6; writing 6; speaking 6; listening 6. For other English Language Proficiency Tests and Scores approved for UQ
TOEFL IBT - Overall 87, listening 19, reading 19, writing 21 and speaking 19.
TOEFL PB - Overall 570, listening 54, reading 54, writing 59/5.
Pearsons - Overall Score of 64 and 60 in all sub bands.
BE - A minimum overall grade of 4 plus a minimum grade of C in all macro skills.
CES - Overall 176 and 169 in all sub bands.
OET is not accepted.
- Course Code: 075745E
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Graduate Diploma in Agricultural Science at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Agribusiness at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Magnetic Resonance Technology at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Information Technology at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Information Technology at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Agribusiness at The University of Queensland