Bachelor of Science Horticulture (National Botanic Gardens)
What is Horticulture
Horticulture plays a central role in creating, maintaining, and enhancing the landscapes we live in. Trained Horticulturists play a key role in creating beautiful places for recreation and relaxation. Parks, golf courses, public and private gardens would not be possible without skilled people to design, build and care for them. Even fresh fruit and vegetables, key to a healthy lifestyle, are produced by horticulturists. Horticulture is a diverse industry with wide-ranging career opportunities, from producing plants for garden centres, working on golf courses, or landscaping, right through to fruit and vegetable production.
What is the BSc in Horticulture course?
The WIT BSc in Horticulture course is a full-time, 3-year course designed to train you as a professional horticulturists. You will study horticulture modules, undertake work placement, gain business skills, and graduate from the course having specialised in two major streams of hort study. You will learn about the horticulture industry throughout the whole 3 years by taking frequent field trips to the best horticulture businesses. We recognise that Horticulture students enjoy the hands-on work involved in horticulture so classroom and lab work is balanced with plenty of practical work to practise the skills learned during the course.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
WIT’s award-winning Careers Development Centre is the main point of contact for:
- Students and graduates, helping you explore your options, develop your employability skills and make successful job applications
- Academic Staff, supporting you to equip your students with the skills they need to enhance their employability and succeed in their future careers
- Employers interested in securing the recruitment of well educated, career orientated, informed graduates
The Careers Development Centre supports the Institute in providing opportunities for students and graduates to develop the skills and attributes required to manage their careers throughout their working lives.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- You should be at least 17 years of age in January of the year of entry.
- You must have a Secondary/High School Diploma, with good grades in English and Mathematics and at least 4 other subjects, on average + 60%.
- Some courses have special entry requirements, which you should check under the course details.
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Code: WD097
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 7650 EUR
Application Fee: 50 EUR
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Creative Computing at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science Multimedia Applications Development at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Software Systems Development at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science Software Systems Development at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Computer Forensics and Security at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Applied Computing (Media Development) at Waterford Institute of Technology