Bachelor of Mathematics (Honours)
Continue your study in advanced mathematics to gain the foundation for a highly paid career in diverse industry sectors, or in multidisciplinary and emerging research areas.
The Bachelor of Mathematics (Honours) program is designed to further cultivate the mathematical and communication skills that you developed throughout your undergraduate studies.
During the year, you'll devote yourself to a single, in-depth research project and take on a broad range of advanced courses. The research project will ensure that you investigate one particular topic to a deep and thorough level of scholarship, with a requirement of producing written and oral outputs of the highest quality. You'll also broaden your mathematical skills by undertaking advanced coursework with topics such as number theory, advanced statistics, combinatorial designs, financial calculus or general relativity.
When you graduate with honours, you'll be sought by industry for your excellent problem-solving abilities. You'll have opportunities to pursue a wide range of rewarding positions in finance, economics, mathematical research, statistics, actuarial studies, quantitative finance, meteorology, information technology, data science and teaching.
- Further your knowledge through additional advanced coursework, with topics designed to place you at the leading-edge of contemporary mathematics.
- Undertake an in-depth research project under the supervision of world-class academics.
- Leverage UQ’s mathematics research and industry networks to widen your career options.
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Bachelor's
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All international applicants need to have successfully completed Queensland Year 12 (or an equivalent qualification) and meet the minimum entry score for this program.
Queensland Year 12 or equivalent English, Mathematics B; plus two of Agricultural Science, Biology, Chemistry, Earth and Environmental Science, Mathematics C or Physics, at least one of which must be Chemistry or Physics.
View the Prerequisites guide for more information about subject equivalents for interstate high schools, overseas high schools, university subjects and pathways and bridging programs.
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 094108K
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- BACHELOR OF Human Movement and Nutrition Sciences (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- BACHELORS OF Human Movement and Nutrition Sciences / Journalism at The University of Queensland
- BACHELORS OF Human Movement and Nutrition Sciences / Business Management at The University of Queensland
- BACHELORS OF Human Movement and Nutrition Sciences / Arts at The University of Queensland
- BACHELOR OF Human Movement and Nutrition Sciences at The University of Queensland
- BACHELORS OF Human Movement & Nutrition Sci / Tourism, Hospitality & Event Mgmt at The University of Queensland