Graduate Certificate in Computer Science
Change is the only constant in the world of computing. If you're a computing professional looking to upgrade, update or deepen your knowledge of rapidly evolving technologies – this program is for you.
The Graduate Certificate in Computer Science is designed for applicants with a bachelor's degree in computer science or information technology (or a related field). There are other ways to meet admission requirements – see Entry Requirements.
You can focus on one or several areas of interest when choosing from the range of computer science courses, including an advanced research project at masters level.
You will be taught by a mix of internationally renowned lecturers, industry professionals and leading researchers. Our learning spaces are some of the most innovative in the world, allowing students to share ideas, help each other and socialise.
Join a growing industry
- Demand for technology workers will grow by 100,000 between 2018 and 2024 (ACS Australia’s Digital Pulse 2019, Deloitte)
- Computer science research jobs will grow 19% by 2026 (Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- Complete your choice of courses that cover topics from advanced computer science, software engineering, information systems, communication systems, interaction design, research and more. In total, there are nearly 50 courses to choose from.
- Undertake a research project that addresses a specific topic or problem from the broad fields of electrical, computer systems or software engineering.
- Benefit from a program that offers a flexible study plan. Tailor your studies to suit your interests, your industry, or your career goals.
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Approved degree or equivalent in any discipline; or
Have completed the school's aptitude test in spoken and written Japanese and English to the standard set by the Executive Dean.
Proficiency in spoken and written Japanese and English. See English Language Proficiency requirements.
Candidates must sit and pass the Aptitude Test set by the School of Languages and Cultures before being admitted to the program. A fee may apply for the Aptitude Test. More information about the aptitude test, and test dates can be found on the School of Languages and Cultures website.
IELTS overall 6.5; reading 6; writing 6; speaking 6; listening 6. For other English Language Proficiency Tests and Scores approved for UQ
TOEFL IBT - Overall 87, listening 19, reading 19, writing 21 and speaking 19.
TOEFL PB - Overall 570, listening 54, reading 54, writing 59/5.
Pearsons - Overall Score of 64 and 60 in all sub bands.
BE - A minimum overall grade of 4 plus a minimum grade of C in all macro skills.
CES - Overall 176 and 169 in all sub bands.
OET is not accepted.
- Course Code: 073267B
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- GRADUATE CERTIFICATE IN Conservation Biology at The University of Queensland
- GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN Bioinformatics at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Sustainable Energy at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Sustainable Energy at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Science at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Science at The University of Queensland