Bachelor of Science (Osteopathy)
Study towards a rewarding and holistic healthcare career with VU's leading osteopathy program.
Our Bachelor of Science (Osteopathy), plus Master of Health Science (Osteopathy) lead to professional registration as an osteopath.
Osteopathic treatments include:
- soft-tissue techniques
- joint manipulation
- joint mobilisation
- exercise rehabilitation
- general healthcare advice.
To prepare you for work in health care, you’ll study:
- osteopathic principles and techniques
- population health
- evidence-based practice.
City Flinders Campus is a modern building in the centre of Melbourne’s busy central business district (CBD) You could be studying courses as diverse as osteopathy and business at this campus. It is opposite Melbourne’s grand Flinders Street Station, the Yarra River and the Southbank precinct. The campus is a perfect location for transport, shopping, food and cafes, or to hold a special event at our our Convention Centre.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
You'll be qualified for a career as a practising osteopath after completing both this degree and our Master of Health Science (Osteopathy).
Osteopaths can work in a variety of healthcare settings:
- private practice clinics
- maternal health centres
- community organisations.
BECOME A REGISTERED OSTEOPATH
With our dual-qualification in osteopathy, including the Master of Health Science (Osteopathy), you can gain the following registrations and memberships:
- registration with the Osteopathy Board of Australia
- registration as an osteopath in all other Australian states and in New Zealand
- membership with Osteopathy Australia.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Completion of an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate (VCE or equivalent) including Units 3 and 4:
- a study score of at least 25 in English (EAL) or 20 in any other English (or equivalent).
- A study score of at least 20 in one of Biology, Chemistry, any Mathematics or Physics.
- Completion of an Australian Advanced Diploma or Diploma (or equivalent).
- Course Code: 088781E
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Sport Science (Human Movement) / Bachelor of Sport Management at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Sport Science (Human Movement) / Bachelor of Psychological Studies at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Sport Science at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Sport Management / Bachelor of Business at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Sport Management at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) (Biomedical Sciences) (1 year) at Victoria University