Environmental Biology, PhD
The environmental biology track is designed to accommodate students of various science backgrounds with rigorous training in environmental sciences/environmental biology. With the help of a faculty advisor, a cohesive course of study is designed from a variety of research interests. Faculty in the department conduct research in these related areas:
- Community Ecology
- Conservation Biology
- Deep Sea Biology
- Evolutionary Biology
- Global Environmental Change
- Marine Ecology
- Population Biology
- Population Genetics
- Terrestrial Ecosystem Ecology
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- 12 to 36 months( OPT duration depends on the major studied)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Submission of the graduate admissions application form.
- A distinguished undergraduate transcript; competitive students generally have at least a 3.0 overall GPA although lower grades can be acceptable.
- A bachelor's degree or its equivalent, from a 4-year college or university of recognized standing.
- Official transcripts of all graduate and undergraduate work. (Two copies of each transcript must be sent directly to the university's Office of Graduate Admissions. A final transcript showing that the bachelor's degree has been awarded must be received before the student can enter the program.)
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Submissions of scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Combined Aptitude Test.
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL official test score) is required for international applicants. For more information regarding minimal TOEFL scores go to Graduate Admissions.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Doctoral Degree/PhD
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 USD
Application Fee: 100 USD
- School Psychology PhD at University of Massachusetts Boston
- Nursing PhD at University of Massachusetts Boston
- Molecular, Cellular, and Organismal Biology (MCOB), PhD at University of Massachusetts Boston
- Integrative Biosciences (IB), PhD at University of Massachusetts Boston
- Gerontology, PhD at University of Massachusetts Boston
- Environmental Sciences, PhD at University of Massachusetts Boston