Master of Information Technology
Deakin’s Master of Information Technology provides a combination of leading-edge theory and technical knowledge with hands-on practical experience to prepare you for a successful career as an IT professional in Australia and around the world.
Delivered in a supportive learning environment, this course will transform you into a competent IT professional with the capacity to develop and implement IT solutions to complex industry-related problems.
As a graduate, you will possess a solid understanding of the issues, concepts, and practices in IT and broad knowledge of the technological aspects of IT. You will also develop a raft of transferrable skills that will enable you to be an effective and efficient IT professional.
This course is continually refined in consultation with industry to ensure the content is relevant and up-to-date with rapidly changing workplace demands. As a graduate, you’ll be highly sought-after for employment across a range of industries for your specialist skills and ability to meet future industry requirements.
The Melbourne Burwood Campus is Deakin’s largest. A short trip from Melbourne’s central business district, Burwood offers the perfect balance between city lifestyle and suburban comfort. On campus you will find impressive buildings and world-class facilities, a wide range of learning and social spaces, and a relaxed atmosphere. If you enjoy getting outdoors between classes, the Melbourne Burwood Campus also sits alongside parkland, which is great for walking, jogging and cycling.
Application Processing Time in Days: 5
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
As a Master of Information Technology graduate, you may find employment as a business analyst, network administrator, database administrator, security analyst, solutions architect, software developer, technology consultant, or security systems manager.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Entry will be based on performance in:
- a Bachelor degree, major or other qualification at a higher AQF level in a related discipline OR
- a Bachelor degree, major or other qualification at a higher AQF level in any discipline plus two years of relevant work experience (or part-time equivalent) OR
- other evidence of academic capability judged to be equivalent
Mandatory student checks
Any unit which contains work-integrated learning, a community placement, or interaction with the community may require a police check, Working with Children Check, or another check.
When you apply to Deakin, it’s important to attach all requested supporting documentation, otherwise, your application could be delayed or disallowed.
Remember, most documents need to be certified before you upload them, so give yourself plenty of time to get organized.
Examples of certified copies you’ll need to include:
- award certificates
- academic transcripts
- formal identity papers (e.g. your passport).
Documents in languages other than English will need to be translated. If you’re applying for a scholarship, please also check the specific supporting documents for that application.
- Course Code: 035505G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of Information Technology Management at Deakin University
- Master of Engineering - IFM at Deakin University
- Master of Science (Information Technology) at Deakin University
- Master of Architecture (Research) at Deakin University
- Master of Applied Artificial Intelligence (Professional) at Deakin University
- Master of Applied Artificial Intelligence at Deakin University