Bachelor of Biomedicine
Gain a strong foundation for a career in medicine or allied health with a Bachelor of Biomedicine at Victoria University, Melbourne.
This course prepares you for entry into postgraduate medicine and other postgraduate courses such as physiotherapy, pharmacy and dietetics. It includes essential physiology, anatomy and biochemistry prerequisites. You’ll also learn up-to-date information on disease and medical applications.
Our Bachelor of Biomedicine has a particular focus on the role of exercise and nutrition in medicine. You’ll design and analyse research methods and findings. You’ll undertake a research project that can provide a platform to begin a research degree.
New specialised units cover topics including:
- medical imaging
- exercise in medicine.
This course will ensure you have broadly applicable science knowledge, and are ready for postgraduate study.
Footscray Park Campus is next to parklands along the Maribyrnong River, a short walk from Footscray Station. Footscray is one of Melbourne’s multicultural hubs, only 10 minutes by train from the city. The campus has restaurants and cafes, learning commons, world-class sports science facilities, a bookshop, and a pool and gym. It hosts many of our degree and postgraduate courses, including in business, sport, youth and community work, science, engineering and education.
St Albans Campus
Our St Albans Campus is a hub for health and nutrition research. It also specialises in arts and science programs. Our nursing and biomedical science students complete a large part of their studies at the new teaching and research centre at Sunshine Hospital alongside medical professionals. The campus has a modern community feel and is set in gardens of native grasses and gum trees. It’s a relaxed, friendly place to study, with a children’s centre, a gym, and award-winning architecture.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
You will be ready to enter the workforce in a variety of fields including:
- research in the medical sector
- research in exercise or nutrition sciences
- medical and diagnostic application services.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Completion of an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate (VCE or equivalent) including Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 30 in English (EAL) or 25 in any other English (or equivalent).
- A study score of at least 25 in two of the following: Biology, Chemistry, and any Physics or Mathematics (or equivalent).
- Completion of an Australian Advanced Diploma or Diploma (or equivalent).
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT
- IELTS (or equivalent): Overall score or 7.0 (with no band less than 6.5 in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking).
- Completion of a Foundation course or equivalent.
- Course Code: 084869G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Sport Science (Human Movement) / Bachelor of Sport Management at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Sport Science (Human Movement) / Bachelor of Psychological Studies at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Sport Science at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Sport Management / Bachelor of Business at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Sport Management at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Science (Osteopathy) at Victoria University