Bachelor of Social Science with Honours
This course is designed to allow well-qualified graduates to extend their studies in the areas of Psychology or Sociology, either to improve their career prospects or to proceed to higher degree studies. Completion of the degree to the standard of Honours Class II Division 2 or better is the normal mode of entry to the research degree of Master of Philosophy. Completion to the standard of Honours Class II Division 1 or better is the normal mode of entry to candidature for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy.
Living in Armidale you will experience the best of both city and rural living. Enjoy a healthy and active lifestyle with access to shopping, gourmet food, top sporting facilities and cultural delights all for a fraction of the price you'd expect to pay in a major city. You can live in the heart of Armidale or experience the tranquility of New England on a rural property.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Attaining an honours degree to a high standard will enable you to progress your studies to a master’s degree or PhD with potential for a career in academia. The required standards to enable entry to candidature are:
- Master of Philosophy research degree — Honours Class II Division 2 or higher
- Doctor of Philosophy — Honours Class II Division 1 or higher.
Careers outside academia include positions in a wide range of public and private sector organisations, including:
- policy advisers
- planning and research officers for state/federal government
- market and social researchers
- personnel officers
- human resource management.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
1. Admission to candidature shall be determined by the Head of School on the recommendation of the course coordinator.
2. Except as provided in Rule 3., a candidate for admission to the honors course shall:
- (a) hold an AQF Level 7 degree of Bachelor of Social Science from the University of New England; and
- (b) have attained a minimum grade point average of 5.0 (Credit); and
- (c) have achieved 18 credit points at Distinction level or better in 300-level units in their chosen area of study; and
- (d) have passed units to the value of at least 60 credit points in the subject in which the candidate wishes to proceed: and
- (e) have fulfilled any additional requirements prescribed and published by the School or area concerned.
3. With the approval of the Head of School a person who has fulfilled the requirements of an equivalent AQF Level 7 Bachelor qualification of a university or other institution and who meets requirements considered by the School to be equivalent to those specified in Rule 2. (b), (c), (d) and (e), may be admitted to the honors course leading to the degree of Bachelor of Social Science with Honours.
- Course Code: 002578G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Special and Inclusive Education (Primary) at University of New England
- Bachelor of Social Work at University of New England
- Bachelor of Social Science at University of New England
- Bachelor of Legal Studies at University of New England
- Bachelor of Laws (4 Years) at University of New England
- Bachelor of Laws (3 Years) at University of New England