Electrical and Electronic Engineering (with an industrial placement year) MEng
Our Master of Engineering (MEng) degree lets you specialise your degree with a range of options and provides you with the
educational requirements needed to become a Chartered Engineer. The placement year gives you the chance to get real work experience for a year in industry, whilst still being supported by the department at Sussex.
From renewable energies, autonomous cars, robotics and mobile communication to advances in medicine, electrical and electronic engineering underpins all facets of our daily lives. Our world class research in sensors, flexible electronics, medical imaging, 5G communications and space systems informs our degrees to give you the best start in your career. You’ll study in our £12-million Future Technologies Labs, which provides a new space for building robots, programming embedded systems and digital signal processors, as well as state-of-the-art computer design and modelling suites. You will use our industry sponsored electronics laboratories, electrical drive systems, and control engineering laboratories and could be part of one of the Formula Student teams.
As you progress, you’ll focus on electrical or electronic engineering. You’ll get specialist training in applications ranging from semiconductor devices to electric motors for future green transport. We have dedicated academic advisers to support you during you time at Sussex, as well as a team of student mentors.
Application Processing Time in Days: 25
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- International Baccalaureate
(Typical offer - 34 points overall from the full IB Diploma)
- Evidence of existing academic ability at a high level in Mathematics is essential.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 05 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Mechanical Engineering (with an industrial placement year) MEng at University of Sussex
- Mechanical Engineering with Robotics BEng (Hons) at University of Sussex
- Mechanical Engineering with Robotics MEng at University of Sussex
- Mechanical Engineering with Robotics (with an industrial placement year) BEng (Hons) at University of Sussex
- Product Design (with an industrial placement year) BSc (Hons) at University of Sussex
- Product Design BSc (Hons) at University of Sussex