Economics and Philosophy B.A
At each level, you'll take roughly the same number of economics modules and philosophy modules. You can also take modules in other subjects such as English or history.
The course gives you a solid grounding in modern economic theory and the issues underlying current debates on economic policy. And you'll learn the quantitative and analytical skills every economist needs.
The philosophy side of the degree is flexible. There are no compulsory modules.
Over the three years, you can develop your understanding of key areas of philosophy such as ethics, philosophy of mind, theory of knowledge, political philosophy, metaphysics, and logic. We also teach courses on major figures in the history of philosophy such as Plato, Aristotle, Descartes, and Hegel.
Degrees with employment experience
We offer you the chance to do a year-long work placement, starting after your second year. This is a great opportunity to get paid work experience with some of the UK's top employers who want to recruit the best students from Sheffield. Recent placements have been with Bank of England, Lloyds Bank, IBM, ASOS and Mercedes-Benz.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Accounting and Financial Management BA at The University of Sheffield
- International Relations and Politics B.A at The University of Sheffield
- International Business Management with Study Abroad B.A at The University of Sheffield
- Financial Mathematics B.Sc at The University of Sheffield
- Economics with Finance B.Sc at The University of Sheffield
- Economics and Politics B.A at The University of Sheffield