War and Society, BA (Hons)
On our War and Society degree you will explore the key human challenges of war, peace and conflict, opening up a range of exciting career possibilities by helping you to develop transferable skills, which are highly valued by employers.
You will be taught by leading academics who are specialist researchers in subjects such as American Studies, Classical and Egyptian Studies, History, Politics and International Relations, Literature and Media Studies.
There is also the opportunity to study abroad for a semester in Hong Kong, China, Singapore or North America – an exciting and valuable experience which will further enhance your career prospects.
Singleton Park Campus
Travelling west on the M4 leave the motorway at junction 42 and follow signs for Swansea on the A483 (Fabian Way). On crossing the River Tawe the A483 becomes the A4067. Continue west along this road, passing Sainsbury’s Superstore on the left-hand side of the road. After approximately 1.5 miles there is a footbridge over the road. The University’s main entrance lies just before the footbridge and is controlled by traffic lights. As you approach the lights, keep to the right-hand lane and prepare to turn right into the University. There is a Visitors’ Car Park immediately right of the main entrance. There are large Park-and-Ride sites at Port Tennant and on the A483 east of Swansea, at Landore, on the A4067 north of the city. All sites are open from 7.00 am until 7.00 pm, Monday to Saturday.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our career support services include:
- Employability workshops, employers’ talks, bespoke events and careers fairs
- Individual advice and guidance from professionally qualified Careers Advisers
- Help with finding jobs, internships, work placements and volunteering opportunities
- Access to information resources on a wide range of career management topics
- Advice and guidance on postgraduate study and funding
- Funding to support student internship opportunities and Student Society/Club events.
We also provide help and advice for Swansea University Alumni up to two years after you graduate.
- 2 Years PSW
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Our standard entry requirement is BBB (UCAS tariff points 120) or equivalent. All offers are made following a review of the application form, predicted/achieved grades and subjects, the reference and personal statement. We also accept a range of advanced level qualifications including: International Baccalaureate 32; Welsh Baccalaureate - grade equivalent to A-level; Access to Higher Education and Open University qualifications, and Extended Project.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Social Policy, BSc (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Law, LLB (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Early Childhood Studies with Early Years Practitioner Status, BA (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Early Childhood Studies, BA (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Business Law, LLB (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- War and Society with a Foundation Year, BA (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY