BTEC Level 4 HNC in International Travel & Tourism Management
Who is the course for
This course is designed for individuals who are interested (and passionate!) in developing a successful career in the travel and tourism industry. Typical job roles related to the course are within airlines, hotels, travel agencies and tour operators as well as the growing cruise, events and hospitality sectors. Individuals applying for the course should ideally be interested in progressing into a supervisory or management role in the future. Individuals should enjoy independent research as well as small class seminars
For the Level 4 Higher National Certificate the units are as follows:
- The Contemporary Travel and Tourism Industry
- Managing the Customer Experience
- Leadership and Management for Service Industries (Pearson-Set)
- Visitor Attractions Management
- Global Tourism Destinations
- Professional Identity and Practice
- The Travel and Tourism Business Toolkit
- Marketing Essentials for Travel and Tourism
Usual delivery methods include lectures, seminars, classroom discussions, case studies, group work, presentations, guest speakers and educational visits. These will vary according to the units and their requirements however approximately 97% of the course is classroom based with the remaining 3% being residential study visits.
Park Road Uxbridge Middlesex UB8 1NQ
Application Processing Time in Days: 15
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The course allows the opportunity to develop the necessary skills and knowledge to gain employment in areas such as hotels, travel agencies, tour operations, cruise lines, airports, resort representatives and tourist attractions. Within these areas there will be opportunities to progress for example from hotel receptionist to front office manager.
Further, students will be encouraged to partake in their own work placement to gain further knowledge and skills required for the industry.
An Employment Fair is also held each year where Travel and Tourism employers liaise with students in offering advice and support for stepping into the workplace and all HNC learners will be required to attend.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
GCSE maths and English at grade 4 (grade C) or above (or equivalent) and a UCAS Tariff score of 48-64 from a full Level 3 qualification such as City & Guilds, BTEC, A Level or an Access course.
Applicants with extensive industry experience that can prove capable of working at Level 4 may also be considered. All students who are non-native English speakers and who have not undertaken their final two years of schooling in English, must demonstrate capability in English at a standard equivalent to IELTS 5.5; Reading and Writing must be at 5.5 or equivalent.
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Code: HC4TLF
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Under Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 08 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- NCFE Level 3 Introductory Diploma/Extended Diploma in Travel And Tourism at Uxbridge College and Harrow College
- C&G Level 3 Diploma (4976-08)/Extended Diploma in Travel & Tourism (4976-09) at Uxbridge College and Harrow College
- C&G Level 2 Diploma in Travel & Tourism (4976-04) & C&G Level 2 Certificate in Introduction to Cabin Crew (4883-02) at Uxbridge College and Harrow College
- ESOL - Entry 3/Level 1 Certificate in Business/Employability at Uxbridge College and Harrow College
- Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND in Business Entrepreneurship & Small Business Management at Uxbridge College and Harrow College
- BTEC Level 3 Foundation Diploma In Business (RQF) at Uxbridge College and Harrow College