Human Resource Management MSc
The aim of the MSc in Human Resource Management (HRM) is to give you the knowledge, understanding and key skills that are required by today’s HR professionals and to enable you to effectively contribute to dynamic organisations.
Managing people - an organisation’s most valuable and often most costly resource - has for a long time been a key business challenge. Changing economic, financial, demographic, and political landscapes mean that the constitution of effective human resource management and how it may best be practised is constantly evolving.
Recent developments indicate clearly that the portfolio of HRM responsibilities within organisations is growing with the need for employee engagement with broader policies such as corporate social responsibility or work-life balance.
The programme has been designed to provide a combination of courses that will enable the professional development of future HR managers.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
You will need a UK first-class or 2:1 honours degree from a good university in one of the subjects below, or an equivalent overseas qualification.
- An undergraduate degree in any subject is normally required.
- Candidates must demonstrate an interest in pursuing a career in Human Resource Management.
Supporting your application
Preference will be given to those with grades above the minimum requirements due to strong competition for places on this programme.
Postgraduate entry requirements for students from India.
In order to qualify for entry to master’s study at the University of Edinburgh, you must have a good degree from a highly ranked university in India.
- Entry requirements will vary, depending on the intended programme of study. However, the minimum score you should have achieved is 60% or more in your Bachelor's study.
- We may also accept equivalent qualifications or work experience.
- Applicants who meet this minimum may be considered for entry and will be measured competitively against other applicants. For many of our programmes, competition is high and in the majority of cases, a very high First Class degree will be required. Certain programmes will also have specific requirements in terms of both the overall degree result and strengths in particular subjects which are seen as relevant to that degree.
Graduate entry to Medicine (MBChB)
Applicants with an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline will be considered for the 6 year programme.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: 60 GBP
- MA Accounting and Finance at The University of Edinburgh
- MBA at The University of Edinburgh
- Finance, Technology and Policy MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Finance MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Sport Policy, Management and International Development MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Marketing and Business Analysis MSc at The University of Edinburgh