Bachelor of Fine Art (Honours)
Students who perform well, with a GPA of 5.0 or greater, during the Bachelor of Fine Art degree may undertake a further year of full time (or equivalent part time) study to obtain an Honours degree. The Honours degree allows students to further develop their specific areas of interest.
On the Callaghan Campus, Honours level courses are available in: 2-D Art (Painting/Drawing, Printmaking); 3-D Art (Ceramics, Fibres/Textiles, Sculpture); Photomedia; or Art History/Theory. The program offers high quality facilities in all studio areas including a metal casting foundry, paper making mill and the only facility in any institution in Australia that manufactures paints, pastels and watercolours on campus.
Program learning outcomes
On successful completion of the program students will have:
- The ability to create; produce original artwork to a high professional standard in a variety of contexts.
- The ability to problem solve and/or have advanced critical insights within the relevant artistic situation.
- The ability to act independently and/or competently curate exhibitions and art events.
- The capacity to converse effectively and to a high standard in a variety of fine art contexts using a range of communication strategies and technologies.
- The ability to demonstrate to a high level a critical and scholarly appreciation of fine art and aesthetic issues from an historical, social, cultural and theoretical perspective.
- The ability to liaise and operate within various arts organizations and the arts industry.
- The ability to act as an advocate for arts communities and professional bodies.
Newcastle - Callaghan
The University of Newcastle's main campus at Callaghan is only 12 kilometres from beaches and the heart of Newcastle - a city named as one of the world's top 'Smart Cities' to watch in 2017 by Global magazine National Geographic Traveler.
Application Processing Time in Days: 21
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Applicants need to:
- hold a Bachelor of Fine Art of the University of Newcastle with a credit average (GPA of 5.0) or greater, or to any other degree approved by the Faculty Board, at an approved level, with a major study in the nominated area of studio/theory specialisation; and
- submit a written statement explaining the proposed program of study. Applicants must nominate the specialisation in which they wish to pursue the program.
In the event that places in the program are limited, candidates shall be admitted on the basis of merit.
For More Information Please Connect To Our PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 030185D
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Music at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Visual Communication Design (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Social Science (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Music (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Development Studies (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Communication (Honours) at University of Newcastle