This course is currently not offered by the university in upcoming intakes. We will notify you soon as it is resumed for online/ offline delivery
Graduate Certificate in Design
Unique in Australia, this course is intellectually vibrant, socially engaging, visionary, practice-focused and actively linked to industry. The course centres on building a design community network.
The course has two main components: specialised master classes led by a studio leader and industry partners; and theory and technology subjects taught across the program.
This course is offered as an exit degree option for students enrolled in the Master of Design (C04243), who want a one-session (24 credit points) experience of postgraduate coursework in design. Subjects offered are drawn from the Master of Design suite of subjects.
As a City campus, UTS not only offers a range of great services and facilities across our buildings, but across our vibrant, local precinct. For a snapshot of everything our campus and precinct has to offer - including where all the cafes are at UTS
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The course offers graduates in design an opportunity to extend their undergraduate skills, or to acquire skills in emerging areas of practice. Career opportunities depend upon the particular studios undertaken and the student's level of attainment. Students wishing to acquire more developed skills in their studio area may choose to complete the Master of Design (C04243).
Post-Study Work (PSW)
- bachelor degree (including honours): 2 years*
- masters by coursework: 2 years*
- masters by research: 3 years
- doctoral degree: 4 years
* for international students completing Bachelors and Masters degrees (minimum 92 weeks)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
This is an exit-only course. There is no direct admission to it. Current UTS students may be able to submit an Internal Course Transfer (Graduating) application to exit with this course. Check with your faculty's student centre.
- Course Code: 071632B
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Graduate Diploma in Design at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Graduate Certificate in Social and Service Design at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Graduate Certificate in Animation and Visualisation at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Graduate Certificate in Media Practice and Industry at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Graduate Diploma in Media Practice and Industry at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Graduate Diploma in Strategic Communication at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)