Master of Health Psychology
This two-year postgraduate programme provides a strong background in the theoretical, methodological and practical applications of health psychology.
The programme will equip you with a sound knowledge base and high-quality research skills needed to design and carry out effective health psychology research and interventions in healthcare settings.
You will be able to evaluate the effectiveness of intervention programmes and be sophisticated in the use of methodological approaches in the health area.
Originally established as the School of Medicine, the Grafton Campus (opposite Auckland Hospital on the boundary of Auckland Domain) houses the Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences, including a café, health services, and the Philson Library.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The MHealthPsych prepares students for entry to the Postgraduate Diploma in Health Psychology, which provides specific training in clinical health psychology and a route to Registered Health Psychologist status. Other opportunities include research and health promotion careers within the hospital, private or university environments. We advise that the University of Auckland is not involved in the employment of graduates and can make no guarantee of post-qualification registration or employment in New Zealand or any other country.
Jobs related to this program
- Clinical Health Psychologist
- Community Health Psychologist
- Occupational Health Psychologist
You can apply for a Post-study Work Visa for up to 3 years.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum program requirements
- Normally this requires a completed bachelor honors degree or postgraduate diploma from New Zealand, or an acceptable equivalent postgraduate qualification from a recognized university (or similar) overseas.
- An undergraduate degree
- GPE 5.0
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: 100 NZD
- Master of Science (MSc) Pharmacology at University of Auckland
- Master of Wine Science at University of Auckland
- Master of Organisational Psychology at University of Auckland
- Master of Nursing Science at University of Auckland
- Master of Marine Conservation at University of Auckland
- Master of Speech Language Therapy Practice at University of Auckland