Bachelor of Nutrition Science (Honours) (1 year)
This is a one-year degree or equivalent part time study, taught in English, for high-achieving students who have already completed a relevant Bachelor degree. Students initially develop an understanding of ethical research design, practice and analysis within a nutrition and food science research setting. This knowledge is then incorporated into an original and independent research project conducted under the supervision of academic staff and/or industry professionals with expertise in the field.
Bachelor of Nutrition Science (Honours) students will have the opportunity to:
- explore and analyse a specialist area of nutrition and food science from both a theoretical and professional perspective
- develop research skills
- conduct a creative and analytical study in the form of a thesis
- prepare for higher degree studies at the Masters and Doctoral level.
In an increasingly competitive job market, an honours degree will give you an edge over candidates who just have an undergraduate degree.
Inherent requirements ensure the academic integrity of a course is maintained and preserves the university's learning, assessment, and accreditation processes. They must be met by all students.
There are essential components of a course or unit that demonstrate the capabilities, knowledge, and skills to achieve the core learning outcomes of the course or unit.
- compliance with the policies, procedures, and regulations which are applicable to all students at ACU.
- the mandatory requirements associated with the course of study, eg attendance, completion of assignments.
115 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy Vic 3065 Locked Bag 4115, Fitzroy MDC Fitzroy Vic 3065
40 Edward Street, North Sydney NSW 2060 PO Box 968, North Sydney NSW 2059
25A Barker Road, Strathfield NSW 2135 Locked Bag 2002, Strathfield NSW 2135
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Examples of the work and settings the course prepares graduates for:
- National and international health agencies
- State and federal government health departments
- Public health nutritionist
- Industry nutritionist
- Private practice nutritionist
- Nutrition assessment
- Nutrition communicator
- Food science and technology industry
- Food safety and regulation
- Quality assurance
- Research and product development
- Education sector
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must have completed a relevant bachelor's degree and attained a GPA equivalent of at least 5.5 on the ACU seven-point scale in that degree.
English Language Requirement
- Applicants must also comply with the Admission to Coursework Programs Policy and require an academic IELTS minimum overall score of 6.5 (with a minimum score of 6.0 in all bands).
- Course Code: 0101322
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Exercise Science / Bachelor of Applied Public Health at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Psychological Science / Bachelor of Arts at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Philosophy / Bachelor of Laws at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Nursing (Honours) (1 year) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science (Honours) (1 year) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Science / Bachelor of Nutrition Science at Australian Catholic University (ACU)