Bachelors of Mathematics / Computer Science
Prepare yourself to research and develop the next big breakthroughs in technology and science with this dual degree program.
This four-year dual program will provide you with a focused background in computer science and in-depth knowledge and expertise you'll gain through the mathematics program.
Computer science combines the theoretical studies of algorithms and data structures with practical training in implementing them in hardware and software systems. Skills learnt in this program are used in fields ranging from bioinformatics to digital humanities.
You'll develop the strong analytical, logical and development expertise necessary to advance computing and its applications. You can specialise in cyber security, data science, machine learning, programming languages or scientific computing.
In the mathematics component, you'll develop a comprehensive specialised knowledge in one field of mathematics or a high level of sophistication in the applications of mathematics generally.
Modern computation, advances in scientific technology and the increasing production of data have all increased how mathematics is applied beyond traditional areas, opening up your career opportunities to include fields such as finance, economics, information technology and molecular biology.
There is increasing recognition that graduates with high-level quantitative and analytical skills will play a key role at the forefront of new developments in these and other fields.
- Graduate with skills that are in high demand from some of the world's largest corporations such as Apple, Google, Oracle and Microsoft.
- Join a school with more than 50 years of experience teaching computer science that's consistently ranked in the top 100 worldwide.
- Choose from over 60 individual mathematics and statistics courses – more than any other Queensland university.
Tailor your studies to suit your goals. This program offers these options:
- Applied Mathematics
- Cyber Security
- Data Analytics and Operations Research
- Data Science
- Machine Learning
- Mathematical Physics
- Programming Languages
- Pure Mathematics
- Scientific Computing
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our programs prepare you for your first job and beyond. Depending on which major you choose, here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Quantitative researcher
- Cyber security analyst
- Data analyst
- Machine learning engineer
- Quantitative analyst
- Software engineer
- Quantitative researcher
- Technical business analyst
- Applied statistician
- Database developer
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Bachelor's
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All international applicants need to have successfully completed Queensland Year 12 (or an equivalent qualification) and meet the minimum entry score for this program.
Queensland Year 12 (or equivalent) General English subject (Units 3 & 4, C); Mathematical Methods (Units 3 & 4, C). Specialist Mathematics is recommended.
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 096363A
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Environmental Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Midwifery (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Humanities / Laws (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Wildlife Science (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Wildlife Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Veterinary Technology (Honours) (BVetTech(Hons)) at The University of Queensland