Contemporary History MA
Our innovative and diverse MA focuses on key themes in the history of Europe, North America, Asia and the Middle East from the late 19th century onwards. Some of the themes that you may explore include:
- the emergence of modern human rights
- religious conflict
- the relationship between empire and environmental change
- historical explanations for the extraordinary violence that afflicted the world in the first half of the 20th century.
You’re introduced to historical methodology and practice – especially the ‘cultural turn’ in historiography since the 1970s – and how they might be used in devising and researching your individual research project.
You can also take part in our world-leading work on contemporary Britain. Our approach places everyday experiences within their social, cultural, economic and political contexts. We draw on the unparalleled resources of the renowned Mass Observation Archive. We are also home to innovative research centres, including the Centre for German-Jewish Studies, the Centre for Intellectual History and the Centre for World Environmental History. By immersing yourself in the field’s literature and integrating the historical perspective with that of other social sciences, you leave equipped to undertake doctoral research of the highest quality and significance.
Application Processing Time in Days: 25
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Bachelors degree with an overall mark of at least 55-70% depending on your university.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Music and Sonic Media MA at University of Sussex
- Journalism and Documentary Practice MA at University of Sussex
- Journalism and Media Studies MA at University of Sussex
- International Journalism MA at University of Sussex
- Creative Documentary Practice MA at University of Sussex
- Creative and Critical Writing MA at University of Sussex