Diploma of Engineering
- Direct entry to the 2nd year of Bachelor degrees in Civil Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering
- Supportive learning environment provides the best possible preparation for Deakin University
- Study on a Deakin University campus with full access to accommodation, support services
The Diploma of Engineering is a broad course that will give you the skills and knowledge required for a full spectrum of opportunities in the field of engineering. You can choose to specialise in civil, electrical and electronics, mechanical or mechatronics engineering when you enter second year at Deakin University.
Employment and career options upon completing your Bachelor degree
Pursue an engineering career in disciplines like:
Aircraft control and navigation
Design and manufacturing,
Electronic control systems
Roads and railroads
Geelong Waurn Ponds
Our campus at Deakin Waurn Ponds is located on the western edge of Geelong and truly offers students the best of both worlds. Not only do you have the opportunity to study within our stunning modern campus, but you are also situated close to some of Australia’s most beautiful beaches and of course, the world famous Great Ocean Road. The campus is home to the Geelong Technology Precinct which provides research and development capabilities and opportunities for both university industry partnerships and new enterprises in the region. The campus is thoroughly modern with purpose-built, spacious new buildings, modern classrooms, outdoor areas and parklands to enjoy. The campus offers extensive sporting and lifestyle facilities including a running track, a deluxe health club including fully equipped gym, group fitness classes and work out studios.
Application Processing Time in Days: 14
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
- Deakin is among the top-performing Australian universities for overall employment outcomes. This includes having the best employment rate in the Australian State of Victoria for bachelor’s degree graduates.
- DeakinTALENT talent is dedicated to getting your career ready and has a number of special programs in place that are aimed specifically at international students.
- DeakinTALENT is ready to work with you from day one of your Deakin degree to help prepare you to pursue the career you want, and also to help you find part-time work while you study.
- No Post Study Work Visa for Courses less than 2 Years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Entry into the relevant Bachelor degree*
completed and passed eight Deakin College Diploma units;
a Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of at least 50%, taking into account all units attempted at Deakin College.
* Does not apply for entry into:
Bachelor of Laws
Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Laws
Bachelor of Property and Real Estate/Bachelor of Laws
Where the following criteria applies:
completed and passed eight Deakin College Diploma of Commerce units
a Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of at least 70% (distinction average), taking into account all units attempted at Deakin College
overall IELTS score of 7 with minimum band scores of 6.5
Note: Please take into consideration the intakes of the desired destination course.
Entry to Diploma courses requires the successful completion of Year 12 or equivalent.Specific academic entry requirements are listed below. Students with qualifications that are not listed should forward their application and academic results to Deakin College for assessment.
Note: Diploma of Engineering requires a pre-requisite subject of mathematics (Year 12 or equivalent)
Completion of the All India Senior School Certificate or State Board with an overall 58% aggregate
Cambridge: English Advanced (CAE)
FCE Level B2
Deakin University English Language Institute (DUELI)
HK Form 5
60% in Form 5 English Language
Level 3 HKDSE English
Diploma: 5.5 (with no band score below 5.5)
Pearsons Test of English Academic (PTE)
TOEFL Computer Based
TOEFL Paper Based
52 – Writing 19, Speaking 16, Listening and Reading 5
International Baccalaureate Diploma
Grade 4 in English
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Under Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A