Geographical Information Science MSc
Geographical Information Science (GIS) provides powerful solutions to real-world problems using a range of the world’s most advanced technologies.
GIS captures, stores, manages and displays data related to positions on the Earth’s surface so you can better understand spatial patterns and relationships.
Every day around the world, GIS is used to solve complex problems and being integrated into almost every discipline.
From population dynamics, estate planning, logistics management and telecommunications through to tracking deforestation, environmental management and predicting climate change - GIS is changing the way the world works.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Demand for GIS expertise continues to develop at an unprecedented rate.
The proven ability of our graduates means our internationally recognised programme is held in high regard by our employers.
The vast majority of our students gain employment before completing the programme or within a few months of graduating.
The expertise gained on this programme will enable you to pursue a career in many fields, including:
- illustration and 3D visualisation
- digital archiving
- heritage management
- terrain modelling
- database management
- IT consultancy
Our graduates have been very successful in gaining employment around the world in a variety of public and private sector organisations.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
A UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent.
We may also consider a UK 2:2 honours degree, or its international equivalent, with relevant industry experience.
Postgraduate entry requirements for students from India.
In order to qualify for entry to master’s study at the University of Edinburgh, you must have a good degree from a highly ranked university in India.
- Entry requirements will vary, depending on the intended programme of study. However, the minimum score you should have achieved is 60% or more in your Bachelor's study.
- We may also accept equivalent qualifications or work experience.
- Applicants who meet this minimum may be considered for entry and will be measured competitively against other applicants. For many of our programmes, competition is high and in the majority of cases, a very high First Class degree will be required. Certain programmes will also have specific requirements in terms of both the overall degree result and strengths in particular subjects which are seen as relevant to that degree.
Graduate entry to Medicine (MBChB)
Applicants with an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline will be considered for the 6 year programme.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Computer Science MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Applied Poultry Science MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Applied Conservation Genetics with Wildlife Forensics MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Ancient Worlds (Archaeology and Classics) MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Advanced Clinical Practice MVetSci at The University of Edinburgh
- UKRI Centre for Doctoral Training in Biomedical Artificial Intelligence MScR at The University of Edinburgh