Bachelors of Information Technology / Science
Develop the specialised abilities and understanding needed for success in highly competitive business and technology environments, while gaining interdisciplinary knowledge and practical skills in your preferred scientific passion.
This dual program lets you combine study in advanced information technology with a wide range of majors from the world of science.
UQ's Bachelor of Information Technology will set you up for any number of career options working with computers and information, where you can apply your technical skills to solve problems, support innovation and improve communication between people.
Topics covered include accounting, economics, law, marketing, business and strategy, and you'll also learn about software engineering, design, mathematics and information systems.
Your science program offers one of the broadest selections of disciplines in Australia, enabling you to develop your interdisciplinary scientific knowledge and practical skills while pursuing studies that suit your interests and ambitions.
You'll also have the chance to gain relevant, real-world experience through employability and work-integrated learning. You'll graduate with highly developed knowledge in your specialist area, superior technical abilities, and advanced independent thinking and communication skills.
- Undertake a flexible project-focused degree that will provide you with the talent and expertise to shape the future of information communication technology.
- Use courseware developed in close collaboration with UQ's industry partners for a solid foundation in concepts relevant across the business world and technology-based industry.
- Choose from an array of science majors that teach you how to work independently, perform critical experiments, analyse data and communicate results.
Tailor your studies to suit your goals. This program offers these options:
- Archaeological Science
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Biomedical Science
- Biophysics (Dual Major)
- Chemical Sciences (Dual Major)
- Computational Sc and Biochem & Molecular Biol (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Biomedical Science (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Chemistry (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Ecology (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Genetics (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Geographical Sciences (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Geological Sciences (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Marine Science (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Mathematics (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Microbiology (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Physics (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Plant Science (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Psychology (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Statistics (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Zoology (Dual Major)
- Computer Systems and Networks
- Food Science and Nutrition (Dual Major)
- Food Science and Technology
- Geographical Sciences
- Geological Sciences
- Marine Biology (Extended Major)
- Marine Science
- Plant Science
- Public Health
- Software Design
- Software Information Systems
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Bachelor's
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All international applicants need to have successfully completed Queensland Year 12 (or an equivalent qualification) and meet the minimum entry score for this program.
Queensland Year 12 or equivalent English, Mathematics B; plus two of Agricultural Science, Biology, Chemistry, Earth and Environmental Science, Mathematics C or Physics, at least one of which must be Chemistry or Physics.
View the Prerequisites guide for more information about subject equivalents for interstate high schools, overseas high schools, university subjects and pathways and bridging programs.
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 042119D
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- BACHELORS OF Engineering (Honours) / Design at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Design at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Information Technology / Arts at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Information Technology at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Engineering (Honours) / Science at The University of Queensland