Bachelor of Exercise Science (Clinical Practice)
Kick off your career in sport and exercise rehabilitation with a Bachelor of Exercise Science (Clinical Practice) at VU.
In our Exercise Science (Clinical Practice) degree, you'll develop a solid understanding of the science that underpins sport and exercise. You'll work with new ideas and technologies, and gain knowledge and skills for a professional career in clinical exercise physiology, rehabilitation, sport science or human movement.
At VU, you'll learn from world-leading experts in sport studies, and enjoy access to our state-of-the-art facilities. You'll benefit from our sports industry connections, with professional placements and industry networking opportunities.
Our elite partners include Western Bulldogs, Netball Australia, Australian Sports Commission and Tennis Australia.
This course focuses on using exercise for rehabilitation, covering a range of biological and social sciences and humanities subjects, including:
- clinical exercise
- nutrition and diet
- motor learning.
Footscray Park Campus is next to parklands along the Maribyrnong River, a short walk from Footscray Station. Footscray is one of Melbourne’s multicultural hubs, only 10 minutes by train from the city. The campus has restaurants and cafes, learning commons, world-class sports science facilities, a bookshop, and a pool and gym. It hosts many of our degree and postgraduate courses, including in business, sport, youth and community work, science, engineering and education.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
This course provides you with a broad range of skills and knowledge for a rewarding career in the rapidly growing sports and exercise industry.
You could work in exercise science, clinical and sports rehabilitation, personal training, health and fitness instructing, lecturing, or exercise and sport rehabilitation research.
Example jobs include:
- exercise physiologist
- personal fitness trainer
- exercise and sport scientist in professional sport
- sport nutritionist
- exercise rehabilitation
- special populations training - elderly, young, people with a disability
- community fitness and health services.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Completion of an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate (VCE or equivalent) including Units 3 and 4:
- a study score of at least 25 in English (EAL) or 20 in any other English (or equivalent).
- Completion of an Australian Advanced Diploma or Diploma (or equivalent).
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT
- IELTS (or equivalent): Overall score or 6.0 (with no band less than 6.0 in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking).
- Completion of a Foundation course or equivalent.
- Course Code: 084834G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Sport Science (Human Movement) / Bachelor of Sport Management at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Sport Science (Human Movement) / Bachelor of Psychological Studies at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Sport Science at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Sport Management / Bachelor of Business at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Sport Management at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Science (Osteopathy) at Victoria University