Languages, Cultures and History BA
Study history from a global perspective and gain fluency in your chosen language whether from beginner or with an A-level. At Leeds, you can combine history with one of the following languages: Chinese, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, and Thai.
You’ll study a range of historical periods from the fall of the Roman Empire to the 21st century post-colonial and globalised world. Intensive language teaching will prepare you for your year abroad, where you’ll further develop your linguistic ability and confidence. You’ll explore cultures and societies across the world, focusing on the countries where your chosen language is spoken.
You’ll make use of historiographical methods and sources in your chosen language in your final year project. Optional modules enable you to enhance your translation skills or business language, as well as choose from a wide range of history topics. You’ll gain the communication and professional skills that will prepare you for an international career in many sectors.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Music, Multimedia and Electronics BSc at University of Leeds
- History and Philosophy of Science and Physics BSc at University of Leeds
- Geography and Geology BSc at University of Leeds
- Geography with Environmental Mathematics BSc at University of Leeds
- Sociology and International Relations BA at University of Leeds
- Social Policy and Sociology BA at University of Leeds