Bachelor of Applied Public Health / Bachelor of Global Studies
The Bachelor of Applied Public Health/Bachelor of Global Studies is a rewarding double degree for those interested in biological, social and environmental determinants of global health and health inequality. This course is designed to provide you with an informed global perspective that will enhance your application of public health principles to address complex community and population issues in Australia and around the world.
You will enhance your global knowledge and skills with a period of study abroad/exchange where you will learn about other countries and may focus on their public health systems and approaches. Ultimately graduates will be expected to be capable in leadership, with proven research skills and knowledge of the public health sector and the social, political, cultural, environmental, and economic changes that are shaping the world.
This course offers students with a unique opportunity to study abroad (ACU has over 60 partner institutions around the world), or gain valuable international workplace experience with one of our internship partners. Students have the opportunity to study a Diploma in Languages in either Spanish or Italian alongside their degree to further enhance their employment opportunities. The course aims to:
- Prepare graduates to apply best evidence, sound judgment and strategy to public health issues and challenges from local and global environments and contexts
- Develop skills in project management, communication, population level monitoring, personal leadership and performance accountability necessary to be effective in public health
- Inspire students through high-quality industry, community and service placements including international opportunities
- Foster in students the importance of professional excellence and accountability
- Prepare graduates for a successful entry into the public health workforces
- Foster a lifelong commitment to effective health promotion globally
- Combine compassion for humanity and a commitment to social justice with a sound theoretical understanding of processes affecting disadvantaged communities and individuals both locally and internationally
- Facilitate an understanding of global influences, problems and opportunities that affect contemporary Australia as well as the rest of the world.
Inherent requirements ensure the academic integrity of a course is maintained and preserves the university's learning, assessment, and accreditation processes. They must be met by all students.
There are essential components of a course or unit that demonstrate the capabilities, knowledge, and skills to achieve the core learning outcomes of the course or unit.
- compliance with the policies, procedures and regulations which are applicable to all students at ACU.
- the mandatory requirements associated with the course of study, eg attendance, completion of assignments.
115 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy Vic 3065 Locked Bag 4115, Fitzroy MDC Fitzroy Vic 3065
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
National and international health agencies and non-government organisations; public sector (local and international); government service (including diplomatic service); the United Nations and other international organisations; social entrepreneurship and companies with a global outreach; international relations; human rights.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
CBSE All India Senior School Certificate (AISSC) with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
Indian School Certificate (ISC) with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects; Senior Secondary School Certificate from National Open Schooling with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
Higher Secondary Certificate from the State Boards listed below with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
• Andhra Pradesh
• Gujarat, Karnataka
• Tamil Nadu
• West Bengal
Local languages and non-academic subjects are excluded.
English Language Requirement
- IELTS 6.5 (with a minimum of 6.0 in speaking and writing, and 6.0 in listening and reading).
- Course Code: 079445G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) (1 year) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Theology (Honours) (1 year) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Theology at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Theology / Bachelor of Philosophy at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Theology / Bachelor of Laws at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Laws at Australian Catholic University (ACU)