Bachelor of Science Applied Health Care
What is a BSc in Applied Healthcare?
The BSc in Applied Health Care is the first program of its kind in Ireland and is designed to help you understand the varied needs of patients across the lifespan and enable you to deliver direct health care in hospitals, community care, general practice, pharmaceutical industry and health research. This course also prepares students for the emerging area of internet and telephone health care delivery. Clinical experience is an essential element of the course. Placement occurs in each year of the course, which allows the student to put theory into practice in a real health care setting.
Reasons to Choose this Course
- The BSc in Applied healthcare is an excellent choice for students interested in exploring numerous potential career paths within healthcare.
- This course is delivered in a purpose-built, state-of-the-art learning environment and students undertake clinical practice in a variety of healthcare settings around the south east region.
- You will be taught over three years through a model that we call KSVSE (Knowledge, Science, Values and Attitudes, Skills and Experience).
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
WIT’s award-winning Careers Development Centre is the main point of contact for:
- Students and graduates, helping you explore your options, develop your employability skills and make successful job applications
- Academic Staff, supporting you to equip your students with the skills they need to enhance their employability and succeed in their future careers
- Employers interested in securing the recruitment of well educated, career orientated, informed graduates
The Careers Development Centre supports the Institute in providing opportunities for students and graduates to develop the skills and attributes required to manage their careers throughout their working lives.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- You should be at least 17 years of age in January of the year of entry.
- You must have a Secondary/High School Diploma, with good grades in English and Mathematics and at least 4 other subjects, on average + 60%.
- Some courses have special entry requirements, which you should check under the course details.
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Code: WD188
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 7650 EUR
Application Fee: 50 EUR
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Creative Computing at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science Multimedia Applications Development at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Software Systems Development at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science Software Systems Development at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Computer Forensics and Security at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Applied Computing (Media Development) at Waterford Institute of Technology