Graduate Diploma in Innovation and Entrepreneurship (Level 7)
Thinking about owning and operating your own business or intending to work in an organisation focused on innovation?
This innovation and entrepreneurship graduate diploma focuses on developing your innovation and creative thinking in sport and community organisations.
Whether you are thinking of developing a new product or service in your organisation, or you are wanting to grow your existing or new business, the graduate diploma in innovation and entrepreneurship will provide the skills and practice to get you started.
Learn, create, develop and grow ideas from conception through to market presence. Using leading-edge concepts, methodologies and tools, this qualification has a strong emphasis on combining theory and real-world application.
Topics studied will be contextualised for the sporting industry, and include entrepreneurship, strategic planning, product development and sustainability.
This qualification will immerse you in developing an innovative industry project for an existing or new sport or community organisation, providing you with the first step into your entrepreneurial journey.
All courses follow a blended delivery model, with classes being held at MIT Manukau campus and online via video conferencing. Classes will be held twice a week in the late afternoon/evening. MIT Manukau offers free parking during these class hours.
MIT Manukau is home to a number of our areas of study including Business, Digital technologies, Health and counselling, Nursing
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
On completion of this qualification, you will have the ability to think about, create and grow high potential small to medium-sized businesses.
You may choose to establish your own entrepreneurial venture, work as a business advisor in the areas of product development and innovation management or manage new or established ventures to high growth, in both national and international arenas.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Successfully completed a bachelor's degree in any field excluding the specific graduate diploma field; or
- Successfully completed a Level 6 or 7 diploma and relevant work and/or life experience (equivalent to a bachelor's degree); or
- Evidence of equivalent practical, professional or educational experience e.g. three years' full-time work experience (relevant to business studies); and
- Have English language competence to undertake this programme which is taught and assessed in English. Any applicant whose first language is not English may be required to provide evidence of an overall IELTS (Academic) band score of 6.0 (with no score below 5.5 in speaking, reading, writing and listening) or equivalent.
Students who have attained the age of 20 years and do not hold the minimum entry requirements for a programme will be eligible to be enrolled as a student where their previous educational, work or life experience indicates they have a reasonable likelihood of success. Students who have not attained the age of 20 years and do not hold the required minimum entry requirements for a programme may also be eligible to enrol in exceptional circumstances. Such decisions will be made by the Director/Head of School.
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Code: MN4542
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: N/A
- Graduate Diploma in Accounting (Level 7) at Manukau Institute of Technology
- Graduate Diploma in Supply Chain and Shipping Management (Level 7) at Manukau Institute of Technology
- Graduate Diploma in Sales and Marketing (Level 7) at Manukau Institute of Technology
- Graduate Diploma in Project Management (Level 7) at Manukau Institute of Technology
- Graduate Diploma in Operations and Production Management (Level 7) at Manukau Institute of Technology
- Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management (Level 7) at Manukau Institute of Technology