Bachelor of Education (Primary) (Honours)
You have the opportunity to create a thesis that is unique to what you are passionate about, you can tailor it to learn more about your craft and students.
Gain the preparation and qualifications needed for a variety of employment opportunities in educational environments by creating a research project in an area you are passionate about.
The program develops capacities required by teachers working in the information age, a time of rapid change where education is recognised as playing an increasingly important role in society. The program develops teachers across prep to year 6, spanning the Early and Middle Phases of Learning. In particular, the program focuses on the development of skills, understandings and attributes that enable graduates to demonstrate specialist abilities with respect to:
- Literacy and numeracy
- Diversity and differentiated learning
- Leadership and research
- Connected practicum
- High achieving students in the Bachelor of Education (Primary) can transfer into this program at the end of their third year and undertake advanced coursework and write a thesis.
- Get early experience in classrooms. Spend 10 days in a school in your first year, where you'll observe and provide hands-on help.
- Learn from the best. World-renowned educators will teach you flexible and creative ways to cater for the diverse learning needs of children.
- Study with a smaller cohort and build a support network and strong friendships with your peers.
Tailor your studies to suit your goals. This program offers these options:
- English and Literacy
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Mathematics and Numeracy
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our programs prepare you for your first job and beyond. Depending on which major you choose, here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Higher education compliance manager
- Director of studies
- Learning designer
- Educational technologist
- Senior program lead
- Academic services officer
- International school head
- Primary school teacher
- Associate professor of special education
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Bachelor's
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All international applicants need to have successfully completed Queensland Year 12 (or an equivalent qualification) and meet the minimum entry score for this program.
Successful completion of 48 units towards the first three years of a Bachelor of Education (Primary) degree, including all compulsory courses; and
Have a GPA of 5.5 across the courses that can be credited towards the BEd(Primary)(Hons)
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 084714D
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelors of Arts / Education (Secondary) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Social Work (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Politics, Philosophy and Economics (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Occupational Health and Safety Science (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours) at The University of Queensland