Master of Midwifery Studies
The University of Newcastle's Master of Midwifery Studies is designed to develop an in-depth understanding of contemporary midwifery theories and practice which will enable you to demonstrate leadership within the midwifery profession and contemporary maternity services.
Extending your midwifery foundational education in this way will place you in an optimum position to positively influence future midwifery practice and maternity services provision.
Newcastle - Callaghan
The University of Newcastle's main campus at Callaghan is only 12 kilometres from beaches and the heart of Newcastle - a city named as one of the world's top 'Smart Cities' to watch in 2017 by Global magazine National Geographic Traveler.
Application Processing Time in Days: 21
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Upon completion, you will have developed a solid foundation in contemporary maternity healthcare frameworks, midwifery care and contexts of practice for Indigenous women. By specialising your midwifery qualifications, you will have the knowledge and qualifications to open doorways to roles in midwifery primary care group practice models, clinical education, midwifery management, research and academia, or clinical midwifery specialist and consultant roles.
Prospective career paths may include:
- midwifery primary care
- midwifery clinical educator
- midwifery manager / unit manager
- midwifery researcher
- clinical midwife specialist / consultant
- family health midwife
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must have successfully completed a Bachelor program, or approved equivalent in order to apply for entry.
For More Information Please Connect To Our PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 098482M
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of Philosophy (Behavioural Science in Relation to Medicine) at University of Newcastle
- Master of Philosophy (Surgical Science) at University of Newcastle
- Master of Philosophy (Statistics) at University of Newcastle
- Master of Philosophy (Reproductive Medicine) at University of Newcastle
- Master of Philosophy (Psychology) at University of Newcastle
- Master of Philosophy (Psychiatry) at University of Newcastle