Bachelors of Engineering (Honours) / Biotechnology (Honours)
Prepare for the future with a program at the forefront of innovation that teaches advanced skills in established and emerging engineering disciplines, and combine life sciences theory, specialised practical training and entrepreneurial skills.
This dual degree combines understanding the practical and theoretical requirements for a professional engineering qualification with learning the exciting and new commercialisation aspects of the growing biotechnology industry.
UQ's respected Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) program is one of the most comprehensive in Australia for design, technology and innovation. During your first year of study you can choose your specialisation, or undertake a flexible first year which allows you to keep your options open so you have the opportunity to experience the diverse range of engineering disciplines. Depending on your choice of major, you might find work anywhere from infrastructure and hospitals to energy and software.
With your studies for Bachelor of Biotechnology (Honours), you'll gain a strong foundation in molecular genetics, microbiology, immunology, physics, chemistry, engineering and mathematics, as well as the commercial and entrepreneurial aspects of biotechnology. You'll also learn about biotechnology’s varied applications, from antibody engineering to fight disease to genetic plant engineering for increasing agricultural yields. You'll gain knowledge that will enable you to take on any number of careers roles that help feed, fuel and heal the planet.
- Learn from the best in courses integrating technology with active learning, so you get the knowledge and practical skills to thrive in a constantly changing world.
- Acquire the engineering qualifications that set you apart in the job market, prove your leadership material and provide a pathway to future research or learning.
- Gain advanced knowledge of how biotechnology uses cellular and biomolecular processes to develop new technologies and products that can change people's lives.
- Receive hands-on experience in laboratories and industry settings through practical placements and internships so you're career ready come graduation.
Tailor your studies to suit your goals. This program offers these options:
- Bioprocess Technology
- Chemical Engineering
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our programs prepare you for your first job and beyond. Depending on which major you choose, here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Bioprocess scientist
- Product support specialist
- Field application scientist
- Biopharmaceutical scientist
- Bioprocess development engineer
- Chemical engineer
- Process engineer
- Service engineer
- Technical manager
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Bachelor's
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All international applicants need to have successfully completed Queensland Year 12 (or an equivalent qualification) and meet the minimum entry score for this program.
Queensland Year 12 (or equivalent) General English subject (Units 3 & 4, C); Mathematical Methods (Units 3 & 4, C); and one of Biology, Chemistry or Physics (Units 3 & 4, C).
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 080733M
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 05 Year 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) - Mechatronic Engineering at The University of Queensland
- BACHELOR OF Engineering (Honours) Civil Engineering at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Software Engineering at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Information Technology / Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Information Technology / Arts at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Honours) at The University of Queensland