International and European Politics MSc
Developed in response to the enormous political challenges facing our changing societies, this programme offers an advanced understanding of the contemporary world, drawing on insights from International Relations as well as:
- European Studies
- Comparative Politics
- Political Science
- Area Studies
Students will explore in-depth key theories, issues and controversies, and will have the opportunity to pursue interdisciplinary studies and develop their interests in a vibrant and intellectually stimulating environment.
The programme hosts an official "Jean Monnet Module" (one of the core courses of the programme), recognised by the European Commission for its interdisciplinary and student-centred approach. Guest lectures and specialised seminar series will make an important contribution to the academic programme, bringing prominent international scholars and practitioners to Edinburgh to present current research and perspectives.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
While many graduates of this program have gone on to further study and an academic career, many have taken up positions in a wide range of institutions, including:
- NATO and the United Nations
- European Commission and Parliament
- regional and national government institutions
- development organisations
- educational, research and think-tank organisations
- the private sector
Students will learn transferable skills in areas such as communication, critical thinking and research, which will give them an edge in the employment market, whatever their eventual career path.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
A UK 2:1 honours degree or its international equivalent.
Postgraduate entry requirements for students from India.
In order to qualify for entry to master’s study at the University of Edinburgh, you must have a good degree from a highly ranked university in India.
- Entry requirements will vary, depending on the intended programme of study. However, the minimum score you should have achieved is 60% or more in your Bachelor's study.
- We may also accept equivalent qualifications or work experience.
- Applicants who meet this minimum may be considered for entry and will be measured competitively against other applicants. For many of our programmes, competition is high and in the majority of cases, a very high First Class degree will be required. Certain programmes will also have specific requirements in terms of both the overall degree result and strengths in particular subjects which are seen as relevant to that degree.
Graduate entry to Medicine (MBChB)
Applicants with an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline will be considered for the 6 year programme.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: 50 GBP
- Inclusive Education MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Transformative Learning and Teaching MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Social Work, Master of MSW at The University of Edinburgh
- Social Research MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Social and Political Science MScR at The University of Edinburgh
- Public Policy MSc at The University of Edinburgh