Bachelor of Biomedical and Exercise Science
Be part of a growing demand for graduates with training in the field of exercise and biomedical sciences. Victoria University's Bachelor of Science in Biomedical and Exercise Science is a dual disciplinary degree.
It integrates biomedical science and exercise science into a compelling new area of study in the environments of physical activity, sport, and health research covering:
- the fundamentals of anatomy and physiology, pathophysiology
- biochemistry, biomechanics and kinesiology
- how the structure and function of the body is influenced by exercise
- how it is impacted by disease.
You will learn to apply theoretical knowledge and analytical techniques to a range of practical and clinical scenarios including learning in industry, workplace and community settings. You will also gain experience and develop a solid foundation in designing research methodologies, and performing analytical research by participating in active research as a team member.
Victoria University is equipped with new medical research facilities at Sunshine Hospital, and exercise and sport science facilities at our Footscray Park campus.
Footscray Park Campus is next to parklands along the Maribyrnong River, a short walk from Footscray Station. Footscray is one of Melbourne’s multicultural hubs, only 10 minutes by train from the city. The campus has restaurants and cafes, learning commons, world-class sports science facilities, a bookshop, and a pool and gym. It hosts many of our degree and postgraduate courses, including in business, sport, youth and community work, science, engineering and education.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The Bachelor of Biomedical and Exercise Science course provides a platform for a pathway to pursue further specialist knowledge and skills.
Graduates successfully enter professional settings within the medical, public health and sporting sectors, including government, industry and research sectors, or pursue post-graduate studies in allied health courses.
Graduate of the Bachelor of Biomedical and Exercise Science:
- may undertake further study in the fields of clinical exercise science, sports science, biomedical science, dietetics, education or other doctoral studies.
- will be equipped for exercise and health research
- often choose to work in scientific, research or sporting science organisations.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Completion of an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate (VCE or equivalent) including Units 3 and 4:
- a study score of at least 25 in English (EAL) or 20 in any other English (or equivalent).
- A study score of at least 20 in two of the following: Biology, Chemistry, Health & Human Development, any Mathematics or Physical Education.
- Completion of an Australian Advanced Diploma or Diploma (or equivalent).
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT
- IELTS (or equivalent): Overall score or 6.0 (with no band less than 6.0 in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking).
- Completion of a Foundation course or equivalent.
- Course Code: 096481F
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Sport Science (Human Movement) / Bachelor of Sport Management at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Sport Science (Human Movement) / Bachelor of Psychological Studies at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Sport Science at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Sport Management / Bachelor of Business at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Sport Management at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Science (Osteopathy) at Victoria University