Certificate IV in University Preparation
The 10246NAT Certificate IV in University Preparation course for STEM high achievers is designed to help propel outstanding students' interests towards a career in allied health, engineering, and science into the first year of their undergraduate degree at the University of Queensland.
Students are enrolled in the Certificate IV in University Preparation, an academically demanding program, which is delivered in intensive face-to-face study mode over 18 weeks at the modern campuses of IES College in Brisbane.
The central business district is surrounded by magnificent landscapes and if you want an escape for the day, you are only a short distance away from world famous beaches, breathtaking natural sites, as well as rainforests and reefs. It is not surprising that Queensland attracts more than 50% of all international tourists in Australia!
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our team are here to help, ensuring you stay on track throughout the course.
- Teachers are assigned small groups of students to provide you with live individual support and contact when you need it.
- Regular checkpoint tasks help teachers to monitor your progress and provide you with constructive feedback.
- Forums in each subject allow you to post a question and receive a response within 24 hours.
- There is a dedicated Academic Support' page in Moodle where students can access a range of support tools.
- Teaching staff and Student Services staff monitor class attendance, Moodle engagement, and academic progress. Students who are not attending and/or engaging online will be individually contacted.
- Dedicated support for all IT issues can be accessed online.
PSW for bachelors and masters is 2yrs
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Applicants interested in studying STEM related undergraduate programs at The University of Queensland, must meet the stated English and Academic entry requirements, to be eligible to apply for the 10246NAT Certificate IV in University Preparation for STEM high achievers.
ENGLISH AND ACADEMIC ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
As part of the application process, prospective students will complete a pre-enrolment interview conducted by an IES College representative in order to be eligible to enrol into the 1024NAT Certificate IV in University Preparation program for high achievers (CRICOS Course Code 093462M). They will also be expected to meet the below academic entry requirements relevant to their country.
INTERNATIONAL BACCALAUREATE (IB)
Academic entry requirement:
IB Diploma: Minimum score of 26 points, including Mathematical Studies (SL) at 4 or better and appropriate science subjects.
UG English Requirement Standard English IELTS 6.5 (No bands below 6)
English Language A grade 3 or better, or English Language B grade 4 or better or IELTS 6.0 (no band below 6) or PTE 60 (no band below 60).
UG English Requirement Higher English IELTS 7.0 (No bands below 6)
English Language A grade 4 or better, or English Language B grade 5 or better or IELTS 6.5 (no band below 6) or PTE 64 (no band below 64).
UG English Requirement Higher English IELTS 7.0 + (No bands below 7)
English Language A grade 6 or better; or English Language B grade 7 or better; or IELTS 7.0 (no band below 7) or PTE 72 (no band below 72)
- Course Code: 093462M
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Under Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 05 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A